starting strength gym

Thread: How much should I weigh?

Default How much should I weigh?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Coach, 44 year old male here. Finally tired of fucking around trying not to be fat. I am 6'3" 260 beginning TRT and NLP...again... and want to know what weight I should be looking at to be the most useful father, husband and human.....my next question will be about this goddamn supply chain log jam...thanks!

You're still thinking about this the wrong way. Think about your lifts, eat for recovery, and quit worrying about your bodyweight.

A Clarification | Mark Rippetoe

Rip is correct. Also, the numbers you gave us are meaningless, since we dont know how strong you are. If you squat 600, bench 400 and deadlift 700, then your bodyweight is probably correct, since we deduce/intuit/presume/assume youre carrying a good propertion of skeletal muscle as part of that weight.

Conversely, if you squat 200, bench 150 and deadlift 225 youre a fat, weak piece of shit who both needs to read the "A Clarification" article and keep training, while eating enough dead animals to drive your strength numbers way up.

I say all of this as a 51 year old at 6'4" 270 pounds who does not bench 400, squat 600 or deadlift 700 pounds, so dont think I'm being mean to you.

Thanks Coach, completely agree.

Fat, thank you for input as well. I start NLP and turn into a pussy at 350x5x3 on the squat and think I need to cut. The answer is stop fucking around and train.

put 355 on the bar