starting strength gym

Thread: Lung Rehab

Default Lung Rehab

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Recovering from Covid. Over the worst of it. Problem is everything I do leaves me breathless. I bought a pulse oximeter to check blood oxygen content. Low 90's--not too good at all. I'm thinking that like all rehab protocols is to stress the system then recover with rest and food. I'm 71, 5'8', 220 lbs and in perpetual NLP because life just keeps getting in the way and causing breaks in my lifting. Really pissed off about the whole thing as I was getting close to some PR's while getting ready for the upcoming ski season. Even bought new skis. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have access to a prowler?

I was hospitalized for 6 days in August-September with COVID. Was sent home with an oxygen concentrator. Lost about 25 pounds. I immediately started going for walks around the block (without the concentrator) and then squatting, benching, deadlifting and pressing as much as I could, which wasnt much. I started over with the bar. Rest as needed.

For about two weeks I used the asthma inhalers (Breo Ellipta is superior to the common albuterol inhalers) they gave me, then stopped as I realized my oxygen levels were improving. Low 90s isnt good but not so bad that you should not train.

Clenbuterol is good if you can get it.

Make sure to eat your dead animals and take your vitamins. Beef is best, eggs are very good. Your sickly meat needs animal meat to improve and become healthy meat.

Get sunshine. If you live in a northern hell hole, book a long vacation somewhere warm. Dont puss out and go to Asheville NC or another fake southern state, like so many do. Get close to the equator. You have to go somewhere where you can get a sunburn in December. Your options are limited here, but don't worry - humidity is good for your lungs.

About sixty days after leaving the hospital my lungs were cured. Strength is slowly coming back, but its coming back. You can do it, dont make excuses.

I've got a C2 rowing machine that I use for warm ups before lifting. Been taking Vit D3 in massive quantities, zinc, vit c, etc. My part of Oregon is sunny so I've been sitting in the sun in the afternoon. Been eating red meat for the iron.

FatButWeak,

I remember your post about your illness and recovery. I’ve been silently curious as to your recovery and was happy to read about it when I came across this. Glad to hear you’re doing well and getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    FatButWeak,

I remember your post about your illness and recovery. I’ve been silently curious as to your recovery and was happy to read about it when I came across this. Glad to hear you’re doing well and getting better.
    Thanks. I'm doing well. Forgot to mention: drink whiskey and get into as much pussy as much as possible. One is the water of life, the other is the meat of life. You need both.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Thanks. I'm doing well. Forgot to mention: drink whiskey and get into as much pussy as much as possible. One is the water of life, the other is the meat of life. You need both.
    Amen! Wish I understood this earlier!