starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trap Bar Trash Talk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Not that it necessarily needs to be done with a trap bar, but I was wondering if anyone had any comment on heavy farmer carries as an assistance exercise for an intermediate lifter who's having grip issues?
    How much are you deadlifting, Gio, and what grip are you using? I've never had grip issues but that's mostly because I'm not strong enough to have grip issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    All of this Trap Bar hatred is ridiculous. It's just another valid tool in the strength building toolbox.
    I wonder if the guys that had nothing but rocks to lift made fun of the barbell when it was invented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Just like Nautilus machines, right?
    Heck yeah, some of the Nautilus machines are terrific. The Nautilus Pullover machine is especially great.
    Have a great Christmas Rip!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    How much are you deadlifting, Gio, and what grip are you using? I've never had grip issues but that's mostly because I'm not strong enough to have grip issues.
    Failed 365 at the 4th rep because I dropped it but I actually fixed this the next week by chalking up a lot better than I had previously. Realized my chalk was too light.

I hook all my pulls as I detest the mixed grip. I don't like how it feels and I don't like that there's no carryover to the clean and snatch, which I also want to get good at after I wrap up the LP. LP has been delayed by inner forearm tendinitis issues that I've developed when switching to the low bar squat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234