starting strength gym

Thread: Heart Health and Crap Science

Default Heart Health and Crap Science

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just like the blue and grey book saved me years of wasted time, I’ve also trawled the forums and I love what you generally say about the majority of doctors peddling bullshit. This is analogous to my general mistrust of medical science. A doctor’s best work is done on the operating table in my humble opinion, not advice on general health and pharmacology.

My work has given me a free private health screening blank check, so I’m just wondering which one of these would you recommend on the “related tests and scans” section if you were concerned about heart health? I’d rather them just give me the cash equivalent for me to put to better uses like procuring some fine hookers and single malt, but I have to choose a test.

Heart Disease | Nuffield Health

Thanks in advance for your valued advice Rip.
    I personally have no health concerns because I’m strong, have regular erections and generally feel fine.

By basic diet: I eat 500 grams of sirloin steak and 5 eggs nearly every day and have done for the last 15+ years (to the horror of the lay public whenever food talk crops up who holler “cholesterol” and “fatty liver disease”) with as much mashed potato as I like to fuel the fire, spinach and medjool dates thrown in too.

Have them do testosterone and thyroid assays, and then get the hell out of there.

Ok Rip, will do, thanks. So all their heart stuff tests are basically bullshit yes? And my diet above is acceptably congruent to healthy manliness yes?

It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It works for me.
    Excellent, thanks Rip!

I used to do these type of health screens for cash when trying to pay off debt from med school and had to walk away because I disagreed so much with the unnecessary testing they provided. Is there no way to fiddle the system to get the scotch and hookers?

The only key test you need to worry about is blood pressure. If they don't need to use the larger cuff to fit round your bicep you have failed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    The only key test you need to worry about is blood pressure. If they don't need to use the larger cuff to fit round your bicep you have failed.
    Ha!
    And if your BMI is still in the "normal" range, you have work to do.