starting strength gym

Thread: Army returns to gender and age based PT testing

Default Army returns to gender and age based PT testing

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Looks like the US Army is back to admitting female soldiers are weaker and have less endurance then male soldiers, but in spite of that, will still be able to serve in occupations that require a high levels of S&E. Which means that it stays the same as it ever was, with leaders having to insure that female soldiers are always paired with male soldiers for any task that requires S&E.

Army Combat Fitness Test launches April 1 with scoring based on a soldier’s age, gender | Stars and Stripes

Nothing in this article will make the Russians nervous.

How to admit you've made a terrible policy mistake without mitigating risk. And they've been allowing age waivers for special operations for a while because the younger generation wasn't even filling combat arms billets.

This is what happens when you allow a government to run your military services. We should be using mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is what happens when you allow a government to run your military services. We should be using mercenaries.
    Bless you, Mark.

Another Build Back Better success story

If we ever actually go to war the rape stories are going to be epic. I say this without glee.

Mercenary groups usually hire from ex-military, though. I guess what I'm trying to say is we're fucked

JD Thomason is offline Owner, Starting Strength Colorado Springs

The best part of the finalized ACFT test is they dropped the leg tuck because so many female (and male) Soldiers could not do it. Why can't they do it? From my personal observations during the test, grip strength is the main culprit. Too bad we are using the Trap Bar Deadlift, which effectively removes grip strength from the equation. If the Army instead used a traditional barbell, and used a common sense training approach on how to get a stronger deadlift, then the hand strength issue would fix itself. Instead they have Soldiers doing one legged bosu ball lunges with a light kettle bell to get ready for the ACFT. I love it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Looks like the US Army is back to admitting female soldiers are weaker and have less endurance then male soldiers, but in spite of that, will still be able to serve in occupations that require a high levels of S&E. Which means that it stays the same as it ever was, with leaders having to insure that female soldiers are always paired with male soldiers for any task that requires S&E.
    Fun thought experiment!

Imagine that you’re the mother of a son in the military. He’s critically injured in combat and has to be carried to safety under fire.

How confident will you be that his female comrade (probably wearing 80 lbs+ of kit) will bring your boy back to you alive?

I’d love to see the military poll these mothers to see how they feel about this more “inclusive” policy.