starting strength gym

Thread: Progress through illness

Default Progress through illness

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My daughter caught a stomach bug that’s been going around her school, I caught it from her. My Tuesday workout started good and then went completely to shit. I couldn’t figure out why but a couple hours later I was throwing up everything I’d ever ate. For 24 hours I didn’t consume any appreciable amount of protein, just some crackers and toast. This morning I had some peanut butter on my toast and then some eggs over easy for lunch. Potatoes, hamburger, and eggs for supper.

I’m not feeling particularly great but am planning on training tonight. I have two questions. Not having slept or ate, what should I expect? I’m planning on adding weight just like nothing happened. Second question, is there a good way Of consuming protein while sick?

Thanks

Back up two workouts and repeat it. Pay attention during warmups and don't puke.

This has to be going around, I just puked my guts out two days ago and my wife is sick today. Sweated like a stick pig over fire and lost 7 pounds. The only thing I could hold down were teething crackers we had around… they melt in your mouth. Man that was a mean bug. Time to get back at it. BTW… it was much much worse than Covid for me.

It was apparently Stomach Covid. Nothing is worse than Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    This has to be going around, I just puked my guts out two days ago and my wife is sick today. Sweated like a stick pig over fire and lost 7 pounds. The only thing I could hold down were teething crackers we had around… they melt in your mouth. Man that was a mean bug. Time to get back at it. BTW… it was much much worse than Covid for me.
    Had to be covid. No one ever gets sick from anything else. You just needed some more boosters.
    Unlike two years ago, people no longer get sick unless it’s covid. Pretty soon there will be covid cancer.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Short Covid. Obvs.