starting strength gym

Thread: Daniel Oakes: Pioneers

Default Daniel Oakes: Pioneers

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Strength training should be a mandatory feature in high school curricula. I once saw a math teacher on the receiving end of a crushing suplex by a 14 year old student who he tried to humiliate for having a lisp.

Lesson: Strength First.

Sounds like you mean that strength training should be in the hiring criteria for public school teachers. I agree, there'd be fewer shitty teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sounds like you mean that strength training should be in the hiring criteria for public school teachers. I agree, there'd be fewer shitty teachers.
    Exactly!

Excellent article. And I get more pessimistic every day about the college age generation.
    Case in point: went on a campus tour of a large state university yesterday with my kids. Has
    25,000 undergrads and the grad students put it over 30,000 at this campus. By all measures a vibrant well funded university.

With only two squat racks!!!! At the campus Rec center there are only two squat racks. Asked a kid about it and he said unless he gets there at 7:30 am he would not be able to train at all.

Not news to anyone but I have to vent sometimes, thanks for listens.