starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rips’s Favourite Music

Default Rips’s Favourite Music

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    God damm, I knew after the tunes that were on in the gym at the seminar in October, I was going to like your taste in music. Couple of things. Have you heard of Corb Lund and the Hurtin’ Albertans? That’s some modern era country you might like. On the modern blues-ish front, Derek Trucks and Marcus King, check them out. Derek is Butch Trucks’ nephew, and Duane Allman (who I worship) would be proud. Anyway, thanks again, Mark. Texas was a breath of fresh air.

I've got SiriusXM49 on right now.

That’s what it was hey? I had a flirtation with rap in the early 2000s. Then I figured out it wasn’t Biggy and Tupac I liked. It was the samples they used. Marvin, the Isley brothers, etc.

For Corb Lund, start with the album Hair in My Eyes Like a Highland Steer. Pretty sure you’ll like it. Even has some Western swing. (Hard to Keep a White Shirt Clean)

Whoops, that ones from Losin Lately Gambler.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post
    That’s what it was hey? I had a flirtation with rap in the early 2000s. Then I figured out it wasn’t Biggy and Tupac I liked. It was the samples they used. Marvin, the Isley brothers, etc.
    If you liked early 2000s hip hop sampling, you are a Madlib fan and may not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kalin View Post

For Corb Lund, start with the album Hair in My Eyes Like a Highland Steer. Pretty sure you’ll like it. Even has some Western swing. (Hard to Keep a White Shirt Clean)

Whoops, that ones from Losin Lately Gambler.
    None of this looks interesting.

Ok, been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've got SiriusXM49 on right now.
    You mean like Gladys Knight and the Pips, James Brown and Diana Ross and such? Good Grief Mark you are a Child of the 60's. What about Seals and Croft, the Turtles Small Faces etc?

Yep, that's me.

All the good stuff was written in the 1960's, although there were some exceptions in the 70's. such as Hotel California, Venus by Shocking Blue, Green eyed lady by Sugar loaf and so on.

starting strength coach development program
    Ah Motown, Gladys Knight and Diana Ross. Growing up in Detroit listening to CKLW "The Motor City" on a homemade AM radio on a hot summer day, while the lonely whine of the turbine engines from the M1 Abrams tanks in the background from right across the street filled the morning air...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast