starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posted without comment, for your entertainment

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Finally, overhead press builds thick abs.
    Presses hit muscles you wouldn't expect. I've had press workouts leave me with sore quads.

new shirt: peasant stock lives matter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    "Dear Sir,

I have watched your videos and read your books, they are all well informed and very instructive. However, I do not understand your seeming obsession with “abs”. Why would a power lifter concern himself with something which is completely out of his purview. Successful power lifters are endomorphs who by definition do not have a slim waistline; they are the descendants of peasant stock bred for strength, not beauty or intelligence: think Hagrid or female Olympic shot putters. So let the ectomorphs and their fitness and fashion magazines worry about “abs”, and please stop wasting your time dwelling on a subject your audience cannot hope to attain.

Sincerely,
    "
    In my previous blogging days, I once posted an essay on why CNAs (Certified Nurse Anesthetists) often make more than many MDs. My explanation was based on a free market analysis that fully justified CNA incomes.

One of my responses came from a CNA who was very indignant, accusing me of being part of the cabal of AMA physicians who only cared about enriching our own pockets. I asked him if he'd even READ the article, explaining that I was actually in favor of his high salary and that if MDs were unhappy about it they could shove it. He later sent me a very embarrassed mea culpa that was quite amusing. It started out with "You've put me in an embarrassing position."

I doubt you can expect as satisfying a correction Mark.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Presses hit muscles you wouldn't expect. I've had press workouts leave me with sore quads.
    Truth. That's the beauty of the core lifts - they really do tax the whole body. For example, the day after bench pressing I have sore lats and intercostals from the stress/strain of benching. Im fairly confident that the whole body gets incredibly developed from squats, bench, press, deadlift and chinups, plus "since youre going to do them anyway, curls. Everything else is just silly bullshit to keep people entertained OR a way to pursue hypertrophy through volume while avoiding or working around overuse injuries by altering the bar path with different angles/machines/etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12