starting strength gym

Thread: Neck fusion opinion question

Default Neck fusion opinion question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I had a significant neck fusion, at mass gener in 2017 c6- t2 I believe. Two big rods and 8 screws. The question I have is every time I try to do power cleans I seem to irritate my nerve damage(I assume) I added them in was going good until I got to 185 and then had significant bad spells for weeks. Wondering if pulling them and just doing light pulls on that day would be better for the long term or if I just need to work on form.

Bench 265 3x5
    Press 202.5 3x3
    Dl 415 1x5
    Squat 410 3x5

Thanks for any opinion or guidance given

With your medical history, cleans and snatches are contraindicated. Don't do them at all. Ever. And think about having the rods removed, if they were placed just to hold things together while the fusion healed.

Thank you that was what my gut was telling me but wanted to check with someone else to make sure I wasn’t just making an excuse. The fusion was because of some damage and some tumors that had developed in and around the spine. Doc said it eroded the back of my spine. We discussed taking them out a few years ago and he said it wasn’t out of the question. Next check up I will ask again. I’m very grateful, thanks again