starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your insite on health care in the usa

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    NY is a shithole, Logan. My BCBS policy under Obama raised my premium 60% and reduced the number of doctors on the network to ONE (1), IN A 125,000 market.
    Due to the amount of international clients my company has I needed a NY and/or southern CT office. Although I have access to a NYC office, I would would rather work and live in Westchester or Fairfield counties. Looking forward to spending more time living in Florida.

Forcing insurers to treat someone with a preexisting condition, like cancer, the same as a healthy person caused insurers to drop a lot of top providers. Health Sharing Ministries became far more popular after the ACA was enacted.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You appreciate that the government forcibly collects money to pay for a surgery resulting from someone taking personal risks? Do also you appreciate being taxed to pay for Type II diabetics who are so indifferent to their lack of health that they continue to eat too much and not exercise to the point where their feet die and have to be removed?
    I am, and I am happy with it.

IPB

Europeans are different in may ways.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post

IPB
    This is so discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post

IPB
    While I disagree with your position, IPB, what you are describing is the idea that there is a market for the state and for what the state does, i.e., being a territorial monopoly on the use of force, leading to the use of force for all kinds of purposes and outcomes.

Gadders, do you really believe that people in the US are denied access to surgery, medicine, etc. because the government doesn't own the heathcare system? Is that what the BBC tells you, and you believe it? Seriously, what else does the BBC tell you that turns out to be true?
    No, I don't think they are thrown in a ditch and left to die (although you would be surprised at the number of people in the UK that do believe that). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they don't have the money to pay for treatment they need to borrow money to pay for it? Possibly by remortgaging their house or similar.

You appreciate that the government forcibly collects money to pay for a surgery resulting from someone taking personal risks? Do also you appreciate being taxed to pay for Type II diabetics who are so indifferent to their lack of health that they continue to eat too much and not exercise to the point where their feet die and have to be removed?
    Maybe I chose a bad example due to the groups I'm in on Facebook. For "bicep tear" substitute "car crash" or something.

I don't particularly like being taxed for people that don't look after their health, no. But not every expensive health condition can be prevented by lifestyle changes. My mum died of breast cancer at 42. Not sure there was much she could have done to avoid that. It was just terrible, rotten luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    No, I don't think they are thrown in a ditch and left to die (although you would be surprised at the number of people in the UK that do believe that). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they don't have the money to pay for treatment they need to borrow money to pay for it? Possibly by remortgaging their house or similar.
    Payment is expected, obviously, but not before the services are provided. Everyone must receive treatment, and that is the law. If you can't pay, then you can't pay. I am personally familiar with many examples of people who could not pay who received better care here than is even available from your shitty little Public Health Service, or whatever you call it. As is usual, your media have lied to you about everything, including this.

As is usual, your media have lied to you about everything, including this.
    Mainland and island Europeans don’t even base their lack of knowledge on the American healthcare system on media reports, but on Hollywood movies.

Payment is expected, obviously, but not before the services are provided. Everyone must receive treatment, and that is the law. If you can't pay, then you can't pay. I am personally familiar with many examples of people who could not pay who received better care here than is even available from your shitty little Public Health Service, or whatever you call it. As is usual, your media have lied to you about everything, including this.
    Fair enough. What happens to them afterwards if they don't have the money to pay? Do they have to work out a repayment plan? Declare bankruptcy? It would be good to know for when people talk shite about US health care in the UK.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    Fair enough. What happens to them afterwards if they don't have the money to pay? Do they have to work out a repayment plan? Declare bankruptcy? It would be good to know for when people talk shite about US health care in the UK.
    They work out a payment plan, something affordable for them. I know people paying $50/month on a large bill. Or the provider gets tired of it and writes it off. Bankrupt is better than dead, I'm sure you'll agree. Bankrupt is over in 7 years, dead is not.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast