starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your insite on health care in the usa

Default Your insite on health care in the usa

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am a 25 year old male and dont know anything or why things are the way they are, like most people. Do you feel the usa should adopt universal health care, or so you feel the private sector is the best we can do. I have looked at EOBs and it seems facility fees cost more then the doctor and operation its self. I dont get how it is reasonable medical care cost thousands on thousands to just get base line healthy. Anywho your insite on this would be interesting.

Your premise is incorrect. We don't spend money on "healthcare" to get baseline health. We're doing a podcast on this next week.

It's spelled "insight."

It's also spelled "don't."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's also spelled "don't."
    Im in trouble

yes u r

Sorry, I'm a forging exchange student from the rural south in NC.

The best descriptors for health care in the USA is "rent seeking" and "bureaucracy."

Physicians are highly educated and credentialed individuals, and that education and credentialing costs a lot of money. As a result they want a lot of money for their services. Consumers, on the other hand, want to pay as little as possible for the services of those physicians. Rather than negotiate this tension and meet in the middle somewhere like every other good or service, a variety of third-party payers have emerged. These third-party payers then become gatekeepers between physicians and their patients, and decide how much physicians get paid and how much patients will pay. Left unsaid is that the third-party payer also decides how much of that transaction they keep for themselves -- that's the rent-seeking.

It doesn't matter if the third-party payer is a not-for-profit charity, for-profit insurance company, co-op, government agency, or some other arrangement. This is how it works, and that's the bureaucracy. Almost all of the "solutions" proposed are variations of third-party payers. Some of them are fourth-party services designed to help you navigate the third-party services. Very few "solutions" get at the root of the problem. One that I'm aware of is called "direct primary care." This is the apparently novel idea that a patient should directly pay their primary care provider for the services provided, usually as a monthly subscription.

NOTE FOR EVERYONE: I am well aware that the service offerings around medical care are far more complex than I have expressed above. The word "physicians" above could be replaced with "service providers" to more accurately reflect the state of the market. This is a model and the complications that arise from hospital systems, pharmaceutical companies, imaging companies, etc. None of that changes where all the "action" in this space is going on -- it just changes the size and number of players in the different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin727 View Post
    Sorry, I'm a forging exchange student from the rural south in NC.
    Highly doubtful, foreign exchange students need to present minimum language proficiency tests, and you can’t pass even A1 if you write "dont" and if you think you are a forging exchange student. Decent trolling otherwise, you managed to get a few guys to write up a bunch of words.

starting strength coach development program
    Doctors and Thieves both Wear Masks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast