starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Your insite on health care in the usa

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    Fair enough. What happens to them afterwards if they don't have the money to pay? Do they have to work out a repayment plan? Declare bankruptcy? It would be good to know for when people talk shite about US health care in the UK.
    Just in case you are looking into this, I pay about £800 a person on a corporate plan for my employees for maximum cover. This is much cheaper than doing it as an individual and worth looking into if you want cover. Also look for an insurer that pools risk across the demographic instead of one that will raise your renewal to get their money back every time someone gets sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    And people in NYC.
    He already included thieves in the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Mainland and island Europeans don’t even base their lack of knowledge on the American healthcare system on media reports, but on Hollywood movies.
    You mean the ones where the doctor asks someone if they have insurance, and then throws them out of the hospital when they say no? God, that is one seriously tired ass joke, but I guess one good thing about Obamacare is that Hollywood stopped including it in TV and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They work out a payment plan, something affordable for them. I know people paying $50/month on a large bill. Or the provider gets tired of it and writes it off. Bankrupt is better than dead, I'm sure you'll agree. Bankrupt is over in 7 years, dead is not.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation.
    But you still don't believe me. Propaganda is a powerful tool. We need to start using it ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    You mean the ones where the doctor asks someone if they have insurance, and then throws them out of the hospital when they say no? God, that is one seriously tired ass joke, but I guess one good thing about Obamacare is that Hollywood stopped including it in TV and movies.
    Most of the movies didn't even have those kinds of scenes. It was always pure exposition, always repeating what gadders wrote, like you got no money, you getz no treatment, if you getz treatment, you goes bankrupt. It is always good to keep the message simple.

Most of the movies didn't even have those kinds of scenes.

Movies? It's implied by the BBC when they cover any change to the NHS that might make it slightly more commercial.

You are right, I forgot about the BBC. The root of most evil in the world.

You are right, I forgot about the BBC. The root of most evil in the world.
    You have no idea. Check out the Canadian version (CBC).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Payment is expected, obviously, but not before the services are provided. Everyone must receive treatment, and that is the law. If you can't pay, then you can't pay.
    Mark, do you think it is good that hospitals are required by law to treat everybody?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitry View Post
    Mark, do you think it is good that hospitals are required by law to treat everybody?
    No, and I don't think it would be good if gyms were required by law to have leg extension machines. Unless the government owned the hospitals. Or the gyms. Then it's out of my hands.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast