starting strength gym
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Low T and Missed Reps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I assumed I would have to go out to him for that, and that is probably outside my financial ability to manage. But maybe there are alternatives.

I have a California license if that is helpful to you. A level of 639 does not mean you would not benefit from treatment. Most important is the free testosterone level not the total.

I did watch your most recent podcast with Rip. I admit much of it was beyond my grasp, but I did pay attention to the free testosterone business. The test results that I was sent just had the 639 number. Would they normally not check the free T as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I did watch your most recent podcast with Rip. I admit much of it was beyond my grasp, but I did pay attention to the free testosterone business. The test results that I was sent just had the 639 number. Would they normally not check the free T as well?
    This is why you don't ask "your doctor" about TRT. They don't know anything about it. I think we mentioned that on the podcast.

I unfortunately watched that excellent podcast after I had asked my doctor. But I guess that just means I don’t get a referral from the doc for insurance purposes.

Dr. Nichols, how would I go about talking to you about this, should I want to look into it further?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is why you don't ask "your doctor" about TRT. They don't know anything about it. I think we mentioned that on the podcast.
    After all, he IS a doctor.

Dr. Nichols, how would I go about talking to you about this, should I want to look into it further?
    Did you actually watch the podcast? The website was mentioned several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Did you actually watch the podcast? The website was mentioned several times.
    Yes, I did. I guess I didn’t focus on that, but I have been on his website since I posted that question.

starting strength coach development program
    Not usually, in my experience, unless you specifically ask, and it wouldn't matter if he did. The "normal range" of total testosterone is all they pay attention to. GP's absolutely suck at having any clue about testosterone replacement, generally speaking.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast