starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey RIP. Am I condemned to never doing push-ups again?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Have you tried bench pressing with a close grip? Or with dumbells? But given your numbers on the squat and deadlift it would seem that you're capable enough to keep pressing and bench pressing. Especially if your shoulders bother you, you should be overhead pressing. Try posting a form check in the technique forum for ores and bench.

Quote Originally Posted by GioFerrante View Post
    Have you tried bench pressing with a close grip? Or with dumbells? But given your numbers on the squat and deadlift it would seem that you're capable enough to keep pressing and bench pressing. Especially if your shoulders bother you, you should be overhead pressing. Try posting a form check in the technique forum for ores and bench.
    Seconded. Presses are to shitty shoulders what deadflits are to shitty backs - the best therapy available.

But, better, don’t accept tendinitis as an excuse not to bench and press. Work on it, which you can, and get to benching and pressing, and buy some micro plates.

starting strength coach development program
    dips are a fantastic upper body exercise. the only exercise i've added to my program outside of the Starting Strength six. Over my 32 years of lifting, dips have probably been the one constant upper body movement that has been there for me. when my shoulders were killing me from bench pressing (because i was doing it wrong) and my elbows were killing me from doing pullups (because i was doing them wrong), when i didn't have access to a barbell and the dumbbells were too light at a stupid hotel "fitness room", I always managed to figure out a way to do dips (hint: pull two treadmills to the right distance between them and orient their handles in such a way). My advice to you on "unstucking" yourself with dips is to slow the movement down and ensure full ROM. try a 2-count on the way down and a 2-count on the way up. this will (a) strengthen your dip (i.e., all the hard and soft tissue that go into performing the dip) and (b) have the side benefit of being safer. And kudos to you for repping bodyweight at 72yo. I think that's aweseome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12