starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SS Gyms Podcast #23: Bodybuilding vs Strength Training with Andy Baker

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks for having me on. Would be happy to come back and do it again sometime!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Thanks for having me on. Would be happy to come back and do it again sometime!
    That was a great time. I'm thinking August or September for round two. Thank you, Andy!

Gents-
    I'll contact Santana today. Feel free to keep the topic/guest suggestions coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    That was a great time. I'm thinking August or September for round two. Thank you, Andy!

Gents-
    I'll contact Santana today. Feel free to keep the topic/guest suggestions coming.
    This might be a douchy suggestion, but Dr. Mike Simpson. I’d love to hear why, 2years after Rip was on his podcast changing my life, he’s still slinging kettle bells around and worrying about his weight.

Please quizz Santana what nutrition is best for hair growth, he has a good mop on his head !....Jealous !

Thank you. Any topic or guest requests?
    Ray, you said it yourself toward the beginning of this podcast (paraphrased) “I wish I could get a group of 160-pound high school guys doing specialization exercises in the gym and have an hour-long conversation with them.” Get 2-4 skinny high school/college guys on the podcast and try to convince them of the efficacy of the Starting Strength method over whatever “program” they are currently on.
    Ideally, 1 of them would maybe be a bit more experienced and thus be able to engage with more of the conceptual side (i.e. what actually causes muscle growth, why sets of five, etc.) while the others would be more interested in the practical side (why am I strength training, why should I get strong instead of razor abz, etc.)

Potentially a rather chaotic podcast episode, but also potentially one of the most helpful and entertaining.

However, you know the ins-and-outs of podcasting that I don’t, so I recognize that my proposal may have some innate flaw that makes it hard to pull off.

Thank you. Any topic or guest requests?
    I’d like to hear Stef Bradford on the podcast.

1) To what degree is neurology responsible for strength increases and to what degree can it be trained? Guest = Baker

2) To what extent should aesthetics matter to a strength trainer? Round table: Lindley, Baker, Rip, Sully

3) Benefits of training alone in a well equipped garage v a good black iron or SS gym? Guests = Baker, Carter

4) Food preparation hacks for busy strength training people. Guest = Santana

No-one likes an echo chamber, so:

5) “Would you rather wake up tomorrow having a body like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Bill Kazmair?” Discuss [note: not BE them, just look like them) Guest: Baker

6) Best and worst methods of Recovery apart from sleep and food? Guest = Efferding

Gents-
    I think it’d be interesting to hear some experienced lifters or coaches go back through old lifting logs as they worked their way to goals in their lifting career. Particularly interpreting the log and how programming was adjusted and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I think it’d be interesting to hear some experienced lifters or coaches go back through old lifting logs as they worked their way to goals in their lifting career. Particularly interpreting the log and how programming was adjusted and why.
    Second this, great suggestion

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    That's a good idea. If anyone reading this fits the description, please summarize what you've done and what you think would be interesting to discuss on a podcast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast