starting strength gym
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychological Force v External Resistance of Food

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What is my bodyfat%? I asked this several months ago and didn't get an answer. You obviously know, so tell us.
    All methods of fat % calculation apart from a biopsy or MRI scan have an unacceptably high error rate, so putting a number on it is a waste of time. Your bodyfat is too high to constitute an acceptable aesthetic for an advanced weight trainer (as is mine) while other SS employees manage to exist as big, strong yet aesthetically acceptable / not in ownership of a pot belly (which you have carried for the last 15 years at the very least, so either age or Master Trainer cards don’t get you a free pass here).

I appreciate being only 5 foot 8 you can’t do anything about the parentally endowed short and stout part, but the oversized pot belly, you could. And you know you could. But you don’t, won’t or can’t due to sloth, lack of self-discipline and / or denial repackaged and sold to yourself as “acceptance” or “wisdom of age”.

You are an excellent writer, SS remains a beacon of light in a sea of sludge compared to most other weight training literature, you are entertaining, and for the most part, well-intentioned and kind I’m sure. It’s just a pity that you are also a rabidly insecure, acerbic, rude, depressed old fart who isn’t as clever as he thinks he is and shows less and less class as the years progress. Sort it out man, you can and must do better than this - if not for yourself, for the SS brand. Take note from Nick, someone who is nearly as smart as you but has that great knack of being able to candidly convey “the message” and counter the “trolling” with either dignified counter fire or stone cold silence. Waaaay too fat and swears too much in a vanilla attempt to ape Rogan’s style which is very disappointing, but a great talent as above and the best ambassador for the SS you have - when that should still be you.

As for the Gatorade / Red Bull references, what the hell are you on about?

I delete very few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I delete very few posts.
    Noted and commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Owen View Post
    A well-intentioned simple question gets asked on the back of a great point made by Baker and this is the level of response? Accusations of trolling and crazy talk of energy drinks????

Rip says I’m in a “phase” of caring about too much bodyfat regarding paying attention to aesthetics which Ray stated he does too on the podcast, as do most rational people care about not having a pot belly. Clearly Mark outgrew (literally) this phase a very, very long time ago and like a lunatic in an asylum claiming to be the only sane one, finds it more comfortable to view his pot belly and stout appearance as other peoples’ problems of misperception while choosing to publicly laugh instead of cry about his aesthetics (the latter being the more commensurate response). Like I said, strong yet weak, not a good place to be for a 64 year old who self-labels as smart. The fact that other SS employees like Chase, Andy Baker etc. have not outgrown their rational attention to aesthetics, allowing themselves to exist as big, strong and not over-fat is credit to them and reflects very poorly on Marknas SS’s leader and Fatter Elder Statesman.

My post started off as polite enquiry and a compliment to Baker. It got replied to with snark, hence the current tone. Interesting way to treat new members…
    I told ya

Your bodyfat is too high to constitute an acceptable aesthetic for an advanced weight trainer
    If you want to look at guys with pretty abs, there's always instagram.

All methods of fat % calculation apart from a biopsy or MRI scan have an unacceptably high error rate, so putting a number on it is a waste of time. Your bodyfat is too high to constitute an acceptable aesthetic for an advanced weight trainer (as is mine) while other SS employees manage to exist as big, strong yet aesthetically acceptable / not in ownership of a pot belly
    You can't even attempt to tell me my bodyfat%, but you are absolutely confident in your ability to judge my obesity. Okay.

As I follow this surreal thread, two questions come to mind.
    1. Why would a presumably heterosexual male get so hung up about Rip's appearance?
    2. Why would this presumably heterosexual male be inclined to think that Rip is likely to give a shit about his opinion on the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I told ya
    Do you think it is always the same guy or are there multiple guys?

Psychological Force v External Resistance of Food
    Has anyone decoded this yet?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    As I follow this surreal thread, two questions come to mind.
    1. Why would a presumably heterosexual male get so hung up about Rip's appearance?
    2. Why would this presumably heterosexual male be inclined to think that Rip is likely to give a shit about his opinion on the matter?
    Perhaps your presumption is incorrect.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast