starting strength gym
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Psychological Force v External Resistance of Food

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Owen View Post
    Nothing said or referenced thus far in this thread changes my analyses of the poor over-fat aesthetics (and the reasons for them) of those who qualify for my said judgements, as above.
    Do you talk to actual human beings like this in your real life? How do you still have all your teeth intact? Jesus. The only thing worse than an aristocratic snob is a guy who larps as one on the internet.

This may be fun to fight about but it gives nothing to the development of healthy views about strength training. All it does is feed into the false narrative about how a healthy person is supposed to look like. There is nothing wrong with carrying extra weight if you remain active and don't go too far overboard. We all know this, and the OP does too. So why are we arguing about this? I'd rather associate with happy people whose entire self worth isn't invested in some pre-conception about how they are "supposed" to look and would rather enjoy life and live well rather than folks whose entire self worth is invested in their appearance.

I wish as a community we could be better than this. We should be pushing a positive mindset here of what it really means to live a healthy and a balanced life.

Note that I continue to delete very few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    I wish as a community we could be better than this. We should be pushing a positive mindset here of what it really means to live a healthy and a balanced life.
    I've tried my best, but shitheads like this wannabe narcissist keep stirring the pot. If you nutswingers want him gone, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I've tried my best, but shitheads like this wannabe narcissist keep stirring the pot. If you nutswingers want him gone, let me know.
    "Nutswingers", that's pretty funny Coach!

In my neck of the woods we use the term "swinging dicks" for similar situations.

I was beginning to think this thread was a humorous attempt at coach trolling himself; either way it's a pretty funny read. Let him stay, I'm curious to see what else has been festering under that excess 3% body fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    @Shiva - if I understand it correctly, not eating is the equivalent of force production, psychological in this case. The external resistance against which this force production is applied is food which fatties are unable to not eat.
    It’s impressively bad English: “resistance of food” is an action you perform, not an action food performs. Reset your mental context and savour the ineptitude:
    Psychological Force v External Resistance of Food

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Z View Post
    I'd rather associate with happy people….We should be pushing a positive mindset here of what it really means to live a healthy and a balanced life.
    How are things there in Utopia / California Stevo?

And if happy people and positive mindsets is what you want, then why would you converse with Mark who sees life through through the distorted lens of depression these days? (which is deserving of sympathy because depression can be a bitch).

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Do you talk to actual human beings like this in your real life?
    Occasionally, when required.

How do you still have all your teeth intact?
    Very easily because I can afford a great dentist, I’m still pretty useful in a street fight and a decent point shooter with a quality collection of toys.

The only thing worse than an aristocratic snob is a guy who larps as one on the internet.
    In that case, you need to get out more and have a few more experiences.

What’s worse than an aristocratic snob or a guy who larps as one on the internet? A Commander who makes such a dull analysis of someone based on zero evidence and assumption.

Presumably most often deleting the ones that might cost you money, business reputation or personal face. Noted and understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    As I follow this surreal thread, two questions come to mind.
    1. Why would a presumably heterosexual male get so hung up about Rip's appearance?
    2. Why would this presumably heterosexual male be inclined to think that Rip is likely to give a shit about his opinion on the matter?

Allow me to add:

3. How has the presumably heterosexual old male gotten his DL 1RM above 500 without being too tired or busy training further to post such drivel, within which by the 6th post it was clear that he was in fact just trying to get Rip to call himself fat despite not wanting to be so (=lazy)?

Rip,I seriously hope you outsource most of the forum moderation?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Owen View Post
    If any of the brighter members of the forum or more discerning newbies (clearly not in evidence on this thread) want to know what the single best article ever written on the SS website is (I’ve read them all, impossible to commit them all to memory), check this out by Wolf;

Strength & Barbells | Michael Wolf
    You always start out as a nominally new member, but it never takes you too long to admit you are a guy with a long ass grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    "Nutswingers", that's pretty funny Coach!

In my neck of the woods we use the term "swinging dicks" for similar situations.
    "Nutswingers" and "swinging dicks" are two completely different types of guys, m.

starting strength coach development program
    "Nutswingers" and "swinging dicks" are two completely different types of guys, m.
    Nutswingers I've never heard before; swinging dicks usually referred to people who were just waiting around for someone else to step up and get things done?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast