starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Radio #169: War Movies with John Musser

Default SS Radio #169: War Movies with John Musser

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Haven’t listened to it yet, but a bit surprised that the Big Red One didn’t make the list.

It just didn't fascinate us the way a movie should. Every time we do one of these, we'll be leaving something out. Sorry.

Rip, you seemed a little lackluster at the idea of doing an Anime show, so I won't ask about that again, but I was wondering if you plan on doing a drug movies episode. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, A Scanner Darkly (based on the book by Philip K Dick), Trainspotting, etc.

And not so much movies where drug use used in the movie alone, but where the audience themselves are unsure of what is "real" and false in the context of the movie. So, not movies like Blow or Scarface. More like psychedelic art films.

If that's not your thing, maybe Rusty or Bre would be interested in doing that episode. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but they seem down.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Rip, you seemed a little lackluster at the idea of doing an Anime show, so I won't ask about that again, but I was wondering if you plan on doing a drug movies episode. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, A Scanner Darkly (based on the book by Philip K Dick), Trainspotting, etc.

And not so much movies where drug use used in the movie alone, but where the audience themselves are unsure of what is "real" and false in the context of the movie. So, not movies like Blow or Scarface. More like psychedelic art films.

If that's not your thing, maybe Rusty or Bre would be interested in doing that episode. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but they seem down.
    I think you mean that they seem like druggies.

I think you mean that they seem like druggies.
    That's not what I meant.

Jacob's Ladder is definitely a movie I'd add in too. Tim Robbins is great.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

But they are. Druggies. Rusty anyway.

what kind of summer camp you guys running there ?

It just didn't fascinate us the way a movie should. Every time we do one of these, we'll be leaving something out. Sorry.
    No worries, can’t wait to hear your take on spy movies, see if the Bourne Identity makes it. I couldn’t stand it, because the books were dear to me from a young age, and they basically butchered the story.

starting strength coach development program
    Any thoughts on "A Bridge Too Far"?

It seems to tick all the boxes, plus had a hell of a cast. What kept it from making the grade?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast