starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Follow the Science

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Where have you been? I’ve been trying to express this going on several years. The best I could come up with is the catch phrase, “better than some , worse than others”. And, really, all that means is that it is highly unlikely you are the worst or the best. Duh.

In medical terms, the equivalent is “ a man with two legs has more than the average number of legs.”

While containing absolutely no information, these musings tell a very complete story, I think.
    The thing is Barry, most of the time nobody has any idea what in the hell you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The thing is Barry, most of the time nobody has any idea what in the hell you are saying.
    I write for those that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    So you say. Some might be more circumspect.

Of course, if we can apply catastrophic metaphors willy-nilly, then we give ourselves metaphorical permission to respond catastrophically. (Cinematic metaphorical permission at that. Oh yeah, you're on bedrock here.)

If you want to catastrophize, why not just do so consciously and courageously, without the Spielberg assist? Just go ahead, skip the sloppy-ass metaphor and catastrophize already. But don't think for a minute that a clip from a war movie that makes you feel like fightin' makes me feel drafted. I respect you, man, but color me unmoved.
    Because it has been said 1,000s of times in the Covid thread already by better, more researched posters here.

And, besides...I spent 4 years at a military boarding school being yelled at by an abusive Literature Professor. I left there a Tamarian: "Shaka, When the Walls fell". I think and speak in metaphors. See what happens when you narrowcast? You attract the freaks.

I watched the panel you posted. Thank you and the panel. Very interesting.

Starting At 1:18:10...
    Sullivan: Everywhere you go, people who know how to get strong use Fives, and some triples and some heavy singles. And that just wasn't looked at here. For me, we've identified a lot of problems with this study.<...> What this really boils down to...at the end of the day is...they didn't look at what we do as fitness professionals. <...> They didn't look at what strength coaches do to get people strong. And now it's being spun in the MSM that what we do is..

Baraki: everything we know is a lie

Sully: everything we do is a lie. Sometimes it's important to point out that everything you know is a lie...if you can demonstrate that. They don't demonstrate it.
    Same exact situation documented via 20,000+ posts here: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Everything crowdsourced there is a lie according to the authoritative sources....just like your Faves. Much of that thread is based upon practical experiences of the Frontline Doctors...anecdotal reports and collaboration. The authoritative sources refused to look at what real doctors were doing during the pandemic. Instead, every success they had was proclaimed a lie and they were systematically discredited. The result? People died that should still be here. I believe people are now sick that should be healthy.

The slow reveal keeps proving that thread to have merit. I've read all 20,000 posts, so perhaps I should remember that not everyone here follows that thread.

I think rigged information in exercise science sucks. I think rigged information in medical science kills.

I'm not recruiting you to "fight", Dr. Sullivan. I'm not "fighting" anyone or anything. All I'm doing here is sharing my personal experience in dealing with bogus science during the pandemic. For 3 years, I've been locked in a 1RM benchpress preventing that Bayonet from killing my faith in mankind's honesty, integrity and courage. Where are the Adults? Where is justice? What is being done to prevent this from happening again?

And I write for myself.

Maybe we are both unicasting. Perhaps we should both STFU. I can outlast you, Barry. You start.

Useless and unrequested comment of the day:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I think and speak in metaphors. ... And I write for myself.
    There would be nothing wrong in trying to change the register every now and then. Same might apply to Barry.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post

What is being done to prevent this from happening again?
    Everything is being done purely to keep it going as long as possible, preferably forever. Jesus Christ man, you are a shitty pessimist. You try to be pessimistic, but you still hope for the best. As a buddy of mine says, fortune is not your friend.

This just dropped:

Science must respect the dignity and rights of all humans

Yet, people can be harmed indirectly. For example, research may — inadvertently — stigmatize individuals or human groups. It may be discriminatory, racist, sexist, ableist or homophobic. It may provide justification for undermining the human rights of specific groups, simply because of their social characteristics.

Please self-censor your research.

That dropped a long time ago, Gadders.

You keep me laughing.

The overall quality of peer review is awful.

I wrote a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine regarding an editorial they published on “Oscar the Cat”. This was a cat that lived in a nursing home and would love on patients shortly before they died. The article reported that the cat had a preternatural ability to discern when a patient was going to pass. (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp078108)

My letter suggested the alternative explanation that Oscar was possibly a serial killer and I cited proven cases in the medical literature of similar scenarios (usually involving nurses).

The strumpets rejected my letter.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I wrote a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine regarding an editorial they published on “Oscar the Cat”. This was a cat that lived in a nursing home and would love on patients shortly before they died. The article reported that the cat had a preternatural ability to discern when a patient was going to pass. (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp078108)

My letter suggested the alternative explanation that Oscar was possibly a serial killer and I cited proven cases in the medical literature of similar scenarios (usually involving nurses).
    Post it? According to the editorial, the cat spends a good hour with patients before they expire.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast