starting strength gym

Thread: Business Question

Default Business Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mark I'm curious about training my own clients and was wondering if by training people with SS without the support or credentials from the company, would I be committing a crime of any sort? I know you are big on self- reliance and essentially the program is a form of progressive overload, so I don't see what the harm would be to get paid by training people, especially since to even become a SS coach you need to do some coaching prior. And besides, I need to eat.

I think you have it sorted out. Carry on.

I tell this story every chance I get. I asked Rip the same question in 2018, and then put "Starting Strength method" all over my website. The method and name are so successful that people would hire me on the premise that I sort of maybe could coach using the Starting Strength methodology.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I would be interested in being involved with SS but I don't know if the gym would survive in Houma, LA. Not because the program doesn't work, I'm just not sure how many people down here on the bayous would be interested in something like that.

Just because you want to open a gym doesn't mean you need to open a Starting Strength Gym. You could open a gym, get your credential, and then be an affiliate. There are lot of SSCs that do that. Mia Inman is extremely popular in her small town, and she has a single squat rack gym.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com