starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Testosterone results + cholesterol warning from doc

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Current medical thinking on testosterone: Low Testosterone Linked to Hospitalization for COVID | MedPage Today

Note the dosages being discussed. Look at the hilarious tube of gel. Note the protective glove.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Why are you even going to a doctor, at this point? Seriously.
    I don’t understand this either. Every time you hear a story about someone living past one hundred, they always say they never went to the doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I don’t understand this either. Every time you hear a story about someone living past one hundred, they always say they never went to the doctors.
    I’ve always thought that the only doctors worth a shit were surgeons. If you see one the shit has already hit the fan. And they are like a good mechanic.

One of my old mentors was an MD, PhD researcher and moonlighted as a state medical examiner backup. He said “Anyone can be a surgeon. It’s a highly specialized skill but it has to be learned, apprenticed and diligently practiced. But it’s not rocket science.”

GP’s are middlemen between Pharma and people.

Note: I did R&D for the largest pharma in the US. I have great respect for the scientists that work in earnest but not a fan of the real power of Pharma: marketers.

Any person with a modicum of interest in their health can bypass a GP.

Love it, John!

The few times I’ve been to see a primary care physician, I thought the PCP was not very keen to think & solve problems. It’s like they are following a script or giant recipe book of CYA. The bar is set so low, I’m satisfied if I get a doctor who isn’t a condescending asshole. The system is a mess.

Mostly agree. The problem with many surgeons is, well, they like to recommend surgery, and they are frequently wrong.

When your tool is a scalpel, everything is solved by cutting somebody open.

Doctors in general do their best work when you can tell them what is wrong. “I am bleeding profusely from this cut where my wife stabbed me,” or “I fell off a ladder and now my arm is broken.” All bets are off if they have to diagnose something vague.

I love how they seem to have arthritis as the fall back. Me: Doctor, I fell on some rocks while exiting the ocean, and jammed my finger. I think it may be broken. It hurts like hell now. Doctor: Hmmm…looks like its arthritis. Not much you can do.

That or degenerative disk disease. They’ve always got something to say right away instead of “I don’t know,” or “I’ll have to think about that.”

starting strength coach development program
    Nina Teicholz - 'Vegetable Oils: The Unknown Story' - YouTube

By the way, Ancel Keys sounds a lot like a certain megalomaniac nutcase "doctor" who's been spouting off about viruses for 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Why are you even going to a doctor, at this point? Seriously.

The medical establishment "monitoring" of the health of the American public's "chronic condishuns" through annual checkups and recommendations (let's start with "heart healthy whole grains" and end with statins) is a complete epic fucking fail. If you're a fat, weak piece of shit living off bagels, McDonalds and SnackWell cookies, you know what to do. If you're shot in the gut while visiting the father of your wife's son, well then, hell yeah, go to the doctor. But otherwise.......sheeeeit.....why fucking bother? So he can sell you pills marketed to him by a former SEC cheerleader? So he can parrot what he heard on CBS from Diane Sawyer and Dr. Fagchi about nutrition and health? Fuck them all, right in the ear.

By the way, 4 eggs a day is a poor start to the day for a grown ass man who presumably is lifting heavy iron at least three times per week. You realize that's only 24 grams of protein, right? Perfectly adequate for the breakfast of an 8 year old gymnast but piss poor for you. Unless you're cracking them over a grilled ribeye. I dont bother cooking eggs unless its 9 eggs, which is 54 grams of protein.
    Fuckin A FBW! Especially the ribeye part! Just cooked up some charcoal seared, hickory smoked ribeyes. So damn good. Got some pasture raised chicken eggs in the fridge for the next batch of ribeyes per your recommendation!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast