starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Testosterone results + cholesterol warning from doc

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    The few times I’ve been to see a primary care physician, I thought the PCP was not very keen to think & solve problems. It’s like they are following a script or giant recipe book of CYA. The bar is set so low, I’m satisfied if I get a doctor who isn’t a condescending asshole. The system is a mess.
    A doctor actually said this… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

mkm5, FBW
    I like where this thread is going! 9 eggs on a ribeye? Sounds like an animal-based diet to me. Either of you follow Paul Saladino? If not, you should.
    His advice, summed up.....no seed oils, minimal vegetables, lots of beef, including organs, and also fruit, honey, and dairy. High cholesterol is good. Saturated fat is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansan View Post
    mkm5, FBW
    I like where this thread is going! 9 eggs on a ribeye? Sounds like an animal-based diet to me. Either of you follow Paul Saladino? If not, you should.
    His advice, summed up.....no seed oils, minimal vegetables, lots of beef, including organs, and also fruit, honey, and dairy. High cholesterol is good. Saturated fat is good.
    Sounds good to me! Check out the video I posted above regarding "vegetable," rather, seed oils.

Primary use when first developed was as a machinery lubricant.

Then they figured out how to emulsify that shit and market it as a "healthier," inexpensive replacement for butter, lard, tallow etc. The science was "settled."

Sound familiar?

Oh, forgot to mention; when the big push for hydrogenated vegetable oils started, "they" also told us red meat, butter, and whole milk would kill us all from heart disease and diabetes and colon cancer.

For some reason, even as a teenager in the 70s, I called bullshit on this premise and continued living my life eating foods I liked and that made me feel healthy and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Tell us more!
    Well, you see Rip, imagine your arteries are like the plumbing under your sink....all the fat that goes down the drain (which is like your mouth) eventually coats and clogs the pipes. Thats exactly what happens when you eat cholesterol. Cholesterol is fat. So just like the pipes under your sink, your arteries get all clogged up with cholesterol. Then you have a heart attack and die. For some people, this is worse than others. Little known fact: cigarette smoke is like 80% cholesterol, which is why smokers get heart disease!

Thats why you should avoid all cholesterol at all times and eat a low fat, plant based, earth friendly, renewable, heart healthy diet. If you MUST eat some fat, make sure you make smart choices, like "Smart Balance" margareen spread instead of butter. The new "I cant believe its not meat" products are also great - made mostly of bean pastes and beet juice!

You're welcome!

I’m on board with dumping seed oil, but what do you use for popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Well, you see Rip, imagine your arteries are like the plumbing under your sink....all the fat that goes down the drain (which is like your mouth) eventually coats and clogs the pipes. Thats exactly what happens when you eat cholesterol. Cholesterol is fat. So just like the pipes under your sink, your arteries get all clogged up with cholesterol. Then you have a heart attack and die. For some people, this is worse than others. Little known fact: cigarette smoke is like 80% cholesterol, which is why smokers get heart disease!

Thats why you should avoid all cholesterol at all times and eat a low fat, plant based, earth friendly, renewable, heart healthy diet. If you MUST eat some fat, make sure you make smart choices, like "Smart Balance" margareen spread instead of butter. The new "I cant believe its not meat" products are also great - made mostly of bean pastes and beet juice!

You're welcome!
    Well, I had hoped Delage would explain it, but this will do nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I’m on board with dumping seed oil, but what do you use for popcorn?
    Butter, you idiot. Maybe olive oil, with Cavender's Greek Seasoning and parmesan cheese. Is olive oil allowed?

Well, I had hoped Delage would explain it, but this will do nicely!

Butter, you idiot. Maybe olive oil, with Cavender's Greek Seasoning and parmesan cheese. Is olive oil allowed?
    I'd stick with the butter. Maybe avocado oil for the popping part, 500 degree smoke point, much higher than olive oil. Note that olives and avocados are fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    I'd stick with the butter. Maybe avocado oil for the popping part, 500 degree smoke point, much higher than olive oil. Note that olives and avocados are fruits.
    Yeah. Avocado oil. Just like my grandparents used and their grandparents before them.

Maybe I'm just a skeptical douchebag, but Imma pass on the "avocado oil" fad.

HAs anyone popped corn in beef fat? Ill bet it'd be delicious. Pop in fat or tallow, then add butter.

starting strength coach development program
    Is olive oil allowed?
    Unless you are buying olive oil directly from a guy who makes it, you are eating soy oil with a hint of olive oil in it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast