starting strength gym

Thread: RIP James Yeager

Default RIP James Yeager

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just an update, James Yeager died today from ALS.

I think of you both as being cut from a similar (if not the same) cloth. I'm sure you guys shared plenty of students (I know I'm one). Once in a generation (or more) instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    Just an update, James Yeager died today from ALS.
    I learned of James Yeager through SS and now of his death. I always thought he would be someone to look up videos for years and years. YouTube/internet has spoiled us with minds, it hurts to lose the good ones. He had such good insight and really pushed the conventional wisdom of the firearm world. He was a very smart man, losing folks like him will be hard to replace in this country.

That was mercifully quick. Valhalla gets a high-level instructor. I'm proud to have known him.

Never got to meet James Yeager in person, but spent time on his Get Off The X forums back when they were around and followed his channel for something around 10 years. I also purchased his fighting pistol DVD and supported products he helped with like his NSR holsters. We lost a hell of an instructor.

"This is James Yeager of Tactical Response reminding you that your responsibility to be ready for the fight, NEVER ENDS!"

Indeed. Enjoyed his sense of humor and learned quite a lot from his videos. Condolences to his family. RIP Sir.