starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone attended a seminar that was sponsored by a public safety agency?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekker_head View Post
    What I’m getting at, what do you think you will see? Part of me feels like you’re just trying to troll, but I’ll take the bait for now. Are you seeing if females shoot more cause of xyz reasons, or males shoot more cause of xyz reasons?

I’ll see I can dig up some numbers, but as you well know, numbers can mean anything. There’s lies, damn lies, and then there are stats.
    My rather obvious point is that people who are less capable of dealing with physical violence are far more likely to shoot you, because they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My rather obvious point is that people who are less capable of dealing with physical violence are far more likely to shoot you, because they have to.
    Yes, but I had a feeling there was something else.

The courts take that into consideration with any use of force. A lone female officer who is 5’2 100 something pounds soaking wet has extremely good justification if the attacker is 6’2 250 pounds. The standard isn’t only “fear of death,” but also includes “serious bodily injury.”

But we are seeing an effect that some cops will not engage cause of fear of negative media that affects them and their family.

A lone female officer who is 5’2 100 something pounds soaking wet has extremely good justification if the attacker is 6’2 250 pounds. The standard isn’t only “fear of death,” but also includes “serious bodily injury.”
    Then why hire them to be cops? Because it's okay to shoot people if you're a cop?

Then why hire them to be cops? Because it's okay to shoot people if you're a cop?
    Now you’re trolling.

I read this the other day:

NYPD makes fitness tests easier after increased retirements

High demand, low supply. Its dangerous, demanding, and stressful. Not to mention mediocre pay and potentially bad hours. Doesn't make it any less essential though. I thought I wanted to be a cop in high school. My first 3 classes for criminal justice were taught by a 78 year old man who had been a trooper for 40 years, after spending 20 as a cop and then a sheriff's deputy. This man told a lot of stories, but we'll save that for another time. I really miss him.

He told us that if there was ANYTHING in the world we could do other than earn a badge, we should do that instead.

It seems like hiring women to be cops might result in "racist" outcomes because weaker women are more likely to have to resort to instruments of deadly violence (like a gun) to subdue criminals , than stronger men who can wrassle them to the ground. I usually dont buy into bullshit arguments like this, but this one might actually make sense. Of course its equally true regardless of the perp's race, but that is beside the point, which is weaker cops need to resort to deadly force more quickly.

Because the administration has to face the government over them, and governments do love warm bodies filling billets.

Now you’re trolling.
    Am I? Is this your first exposure to the truth?

It's either that or wait until male back up arrives to physically control whoever it is that needs controlling. Then the female cop came jump in and grab an arm or something when the dude is on the ground. I watch a lot of videos on this kind of thing, because I watch a lot of videos on all kinds of things, and I don't recall seeing a female cop handle an unruly male suspect by herself. I've seen many male cops do it though.

Women don't have to like it but it's the way it is.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    It's either that or wait until male back up arrives to physically control whoever it is that needs controlling. Then the female cop came jump in and grab an arm or something when the dude is on the ground. I watch a lot of videos on this kind of thing, because I watch a lot of videos on all kinds of things, and I don't recall seeing a female cop handle an unruly male suspect by herself. I've seen many male cops do it though.

Women don't have to like it but it's the way it is.
    What happens when it’s a ‘they them’ cop?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast