starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone attended a seminar that was sponsored by a public safety agency?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    What happens when it’s a ‘they them’ cop?
    Depends on how big and strong they/them are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Depends on how big and strong they/them are.
    Exactly, it really doesn’t help when they are not allowed to even consider this.

I will say I would love to see starting strength implemented into police academies. But, unless a lot happens, it won’t. First issue is staffing, equipment, and space at the facility. A smaller
    Issue academies can’t use physical training as punishment as often. There’s all age ranges there. The 50 year old guy may not do as well if he has to do an hour of extra PT every day cause someone “didn’t make their bed right.”

Second issue is, officers/troopers/deputies have to “look good in uniform.” And that means running, push-ups, sit-ups, and whatever other stuff they came up with.

They also have to pass some “obstacle course” that is a “realistic scenario” that officers may face.

For example. Dummy drags. At some point, you will have to drag a 180 pound dummy. Now let’s say you have a 5 foot 2 female there, and that dummy is to much for her. But, she has 3 months to prepare for it. I think we all agree getting her strength up through barbells would be a very effective options. But no, she needs to sprint and do more push-ups with some air squats. That will get her ready for sure.

What I’m getting at too is there is a lot of old thinking that will take a long time to go away.

I like this one. Badass. Very sassy. Pretty. Looks like fun. https://twitter.com/LPofDelaware/sta...40682218815488

Quote Originally Posted by Pekker_head View Post
    I will say I would love to see starting strength implemented into police academies. But, unless a lot happens, it won’t. First issue is staffing, equipment, and space at the facility. A smaller
    Issue academies can’t use physical training as punishment as often. There’s all age ranges there. The 50 year old guy may not do as well if he has to do an hour of extra PT every day cause someone “didn’t make their bed right.”

Second issue is, officers/troopers/deputies have to “look good in uniform.” And that means running, push-ups, sit-ups, and whatever other stuff they came up with.

They also have to pass some “obstacle course” that is a “realistic scenario” that officers may face.

For example. Dummy drags. At some point, you will have to drag a 180 pound dummy. Now let’s say you have a 5 foot 2 female there, and that dummy is to much for her. But, she has 3 months to prepare for it. I think we all agree getting her strength up through barbells would be a very effective options. But no, she needs to sprint and do more push-ups with some air squats. That will get her ready for sure.

What I’m getting at too is there is a lot of old thinking that will take a long time to go away.
    Your thoughts are poorly organized.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I like this one. Badass. Very sassy. Pretty. Looks like fun. https://twitter.com/LPofDelaware/sta...40682218815488
    If her agency doesn't fire this nasty whore, they need to be Defunded. This right here is just exactly what the cops don't need right now. But she can get a job at the FBI. And may anybody that makes this bitch cum spend the next week in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If her agency doesn't fire this nasty whore, they need to be Defunded. This right here is just exactly what the cops don't need right now. But she can get a job at the FBI.
    Please and thank you. There's nothing more stomach churning for me that freakin' TikTok Cops.

Rip, what is it that has you worked up? I think we all agree TikTok cops are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I have to think this isn't real. Tik tok is full of fake shit plus I doubt any department, no matter how sleazy, would tolerate this on social media, even if that's what they actually think. If, by slim chance, it's real, I hope her backup is busy when she contacts a 250 pound psychopath who doesn't care about her driving habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekker_head View Post
    Rip, what is it that has you worked up? I think we all agree TikTok cops are terrible.
    Again, your thoughts are poorly organized. The bitch does not offend you beyond the fact that she's on TikTok?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I have to think this isn't real. Tik tok is full of fake shit plus I doubt any department, no matter how sleazy, would tolerate this on social media, even if that's what they actually think. If, by slim chance, it's real, I hope her backup is busy when she contacts a 250 pound psychopath who doesn't care about her driving habits.
    And I hope you're right. It damn near has to be fake, or they would have made her take it down.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast