starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone attended a seminar that was sponsored by a public safety agency?

Default Has anyone attended a seminar that was sponsored by a public safety agency?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I am curious,
    Have you had anyone attend a seminar or become a SS Coach that was sponsored by a public safety agency? e.g Police, Fire, EMS, so on. With the idea they would instruct their agency on how to perform the movements?

I am tempted to get my feet wet with the administration and see if they would pay for me to attend. We don’t have anyone who is qualified to teach barbell movements. We have 2 gyms but they will buy more “cardio” equipment as the whole mindset is we just “need to run.” The department has paid for stranger things in the past so me pitching the idea isn’t crazy.

I am seeing if you have any suggestions or ideas on this idea. Or if you had anyone in the past mention anything to you.

We have had several agencies send people to the seminar over the years. Before they ask, there is no discount.

Thinking about "public safety" officers and lifting got me thinking....my city seems to hire a lot of cute young female cops...are there any statistics on how often captured female service members get raped? From any country, not just US. Seems like a flippant question, but I'm wondering if that's the sort of thing they keep data on.

I'm much more interested in the number of female cops vs male cops involved in shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'm much more interested in the number of female cops vs male cops involved in shootings.
    Lets get to the quick of of it: the number of cops who can press, bench, squat and deadlift 2,3,4,5 plates versus the number of cops who cannot involved in shootings.

Me thinks weak, pussy cops shoot more suspects than strong cops. I see so many weak, pussy little cops.

Anyone with any deets on the female "warrior" rape stats?

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Anyone with any deets on the female "warrior" rape stats?
    I don’t think there are any women in actual armed conflicts. That is pure fantasy for the woketards.

Expand?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekker_head View Post
    Expand?
    I'm I'm much much more more interested interested in in the the number number of of female female cops cops vs vs male male cops cops involved involved in in shootings shootings.

I'm I'm much much more more interested interested in in the the number number of of female female cops cops vs vs male male cops cops involved involved in in shootings shootings.
    you silly man you, you,

starting strength coach development program
    What I’m getting at, what do you think you will see? Part of me feels like you’re just trying to troll, but I’ll take the bait for now. Are you seeing if females shoot more cause of xyz reasons, or males shoot more cause of xyz reasons?

I’ll see I can dig up some numbers, but as you well know, numbers can mean anything. There’s lies, damn lies, and then there are stats.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast