starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Thomas View Post
    Personally, Psychedelic therapy has done wonders for me in this regard. There are a lot of different kinds and a lot of information out there on how they help with what you're describing. They totally changed my life; I'll be willing to bet that they would change yours too.
    What the fuck is psychedelic therapy? LSD? Shrooms? And this is better than TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What the fuck is psychedelic therapy? LSD? Shrooms? And this is better than TRT?
    Well, yes. It's powerful medicine.

I'm not sure it's better than TRT but aren't his levels sufficient? If not, then perhaps TRT would be helpful. My thinking was that if he has acceptable (preferably more than acceptable) levels of testosterone, he could benefit more from something that is well suited for helping with the mental situation he apparently finds himself in.

There are certain treatments that could help with what you're describing but I doubt anymore testosterone would be helpful for you. You're damn strong (from my perspective) already and I imagine that physical prowess has probably given you most of the relief it can in this capacity.

Personally, Psychedelic therapy has done wonders for me in this regard. There are a lot of different kinds and a lot of information out there on how they help with what you're describing. They totally changed my life; I'll be willing to bet that they would change yours too.
    Yes, lifting helps immensely. Especially after an intensity day 5RM squat or deadlift. I've read positive things about psychedelics too. Enough to grow my own mushrooms. But it had the opposite effect on me, unfortunately: I took 3.5 grams of dried mushrooms, and it was difficult to just survive the experience, but the lingering effects triggered frequent panic attacks over the next month.

On the latest podcast Rip said it doesn't matter if you are at 950 ng/dl -- you might feel better being at 1500. I think I'm just going to try it out and see.

I apologize for not proof-reading my last response. This is what I intended to say.

What the fuck is psychedelic therapy? LSD? Shrooms?

And this is better than TRT?

My thinking was that if his testosterone levels were acceptable (Preferable more than just acceptable) then he might benefit from another type of treatment that is well suited to alleviate his specific ailment. One isn't better than the other but if testosterone is already in a good place then other options should be evaluated and potentially pursued.

I'm not sure it's better than TRT but aren't his levels sufficient? If not, then perhaps TRT would be helpful. My thinking was that if he has acceptable (preferably more than acceptable) levels of testosterone, he could benefit more from something that is well suited for helping with the mental situation he apparently finds himself in.
    If you've listened to any of our podcasts, you'd know that '"acceptable levels" are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Keith Nichols MD View Post
    I use an HRT base or atrevis base. I stopped using the versa base years ago although it worked OK but I got my best results with the HRT base as well as the atrevis base. HRT base gets good results and is cheaper than the atrevis base. Make sure your cream is at least 200 mg per gram and is made by a very reputable compounding pharmacy because that can make all the difference. It works very well just like injections do. The reason I discuss the cream is because it gives men another very good alternative if they don't want to use injections.
    Thank you for the clarification Keith. Very nice of you to post on this.

I’ll ask about the HRT base rather an versa. If not it looks like daily subcutaneous cypionate injections are their go to.

This does not make sense.
    No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    Yes, lifting helps immensely. Especially after an intensity day 5RM squat or deadlift.
    Amen.

I've read positive things about psychedelics too. Enough to grow my own mushrooms. But it had the opposite effect on me, unfortunately: I took 3.5 grams of dried mushrooms, and it was difficult to just survive the experience, but the lingering effects triggered frequent panic attacks over the next month.
    Generally speaking, they are not pleasant. One does not take them because they are going to produce a pleasurable experience. One does not squat because it is pleasurable.

These are hard, scary things you do to improve yourself because life is going to be hard and scary sometimes. If you do things that are difficult on purpose, then the difficult shit you'll have to do that's not on purpose might not be so damn hard.

Did you experience ego death?

On the latest podcast Rip said it doesn't matter if you are at 950 ng/dl -- you might feel better being at 1500. I think I'm just going to try it out and see.
    Well this is my fucking problem. I haven't listened to the TRT ones yet so I have literally NO idea what I'm talking about here.

If you've listened to any of our podcasts, you'd know that '"acceptable levels" are bullshit.
    I understand that they are bullshit, in the same way that the dietary guidelines are bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    He basically told you he has no interest in serving his customer, you.
    Regarding a patient as a “customer” is an absolutely alien concept to virtually all physicians. Even something as semantically correct as “client” would be like Mandarin Chinese to them. This is because they’ve never heard the appropriate phrase, “I refuse to pay.”

starting strength coach development program
    Did you experience ego death?.
    No. I felt like myself the entire experience. It mostly felt like my amygdala was going insane and I found the visuals to be disturbing. When I'd close my eyes I saw this infinite twisting fractal pattern that really bothered me, and when I opened them it looked like the ceiling fan was shooting out waves of color. I had the thought that I needed to give myself to the experience while it was happening, but I couldn't get over the fear. There's really nothing recreational about it, it's a difficult experience, as you said yourself. Still, I'm happy I did it and I'd like to try it again someday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast