starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trt

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And that sounds like a very good go to if the cream doesn’t work. Now as far as the comments on knowing exactly what you inject etc. The cream and the injections are no different. For example, if I have two men and they both start injecting 30 mg a day for instance. They were both injecting the same amount but they will most likely have different testosterone levels Even though they are injecting the same amount. You will then adjust their testosterone dosage based on their free testosterone levels and most importantly their symptoms.

Now the cream works the same way. Let’s say you have the same two men and you have them both apply 100 mg of testosterone cream twice daily. Once again you know exactly how much you are applying but more than likely they will both have different levels of free testosterone. You will then make an adjustment on the dosage based on those levels and most importantly their symptoms.
    So whether it be injections or cream. One starts with a specific dosage of either one and then will adjust that dosage based on the free testosterone levels and most importantly symptomatic improvement.

Mark has a great deal of insight on testosterone and its benefits. He understands more than most the significant beneficial effects that testosterone has on multiple organ systems and the fact that there is a dose-response relationship. Meaning, the better the dose, the better the levels, the better the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    No. I felt like myself the entire experience. It mostly felt like my amygdala was going insane and I found the visuals to be disturbing. When I'd close my eyes I saw this infinite twisting fractal pattern that really bothered me, and when I opened them it looked like the ceiling fan was shooting out waves of color.
    The visuals tend to make less sense and be more frightening while you're perceiving them through your ego. The ego getting out of the way (i.e. dying, at least temporarily) allows the substance to do its work.
    A helpful analogy might be comparing it to dental work. You can have teeth pulled without anesthesia, but if the doctor turns off all the things telling you "THIS ISN'T RIGHT, STOP!" it's going to be less difficult for him to do what he needs to do.
    You did not have enough anesthesia to numb your mouth.

I had the thought that I needed to give myself to the experience while it was happening, but I couldn't get over the fear.
    It is very difficult to relax during such an intense experience, especially the first time. There are a lot of things you can do ahead of time that can make the journey less harrowing.

There's really nothing recreational about it, it's a difficult experience, as you said yourself. Still, I'm happy I did it and I'd like to try it again someday.
    It may not work for everyone, but I bet it would help a LOT more people than it can't. May you find yourself in a place where it can better help you next time. Best of luck man, I hope the TRT provides the relief you need.

Doc, just a quick one if I may, I'm on TRT and feeling better but don't think I'm anywhere near optimised. I'm on 1000mg test undecanoate every 12 weeks. My decayed level just before the 3mthly inj is low 300's. I don't have a high end value measured. What language could I use with my provider to encourage better dosage, I live in a country (Aust) where any TRT is very difficult to get..its been a task just to get to this dosage.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Keith Nichols MD View Post
    And that sounds like a very good go to if the cream doesn’t work. Now as far as the comments on knowing exactly what you inject etc. The cream and the injections are no different. For example, if I have two men and they both start injecting 30 mg a day for instance. They were both injecting the same amount but they will most likely have different testosterone levels Even though they are injecting the same amount. You will then adjust their testosterone dosage based on their free testosterone levels and most importantly their symptoms.

Now the cream works the same way. Let’s say you have the same two men and you have them both apply 100 mg of testosterone cream twice daily. Once again you know exactly how much you are applying but more than likely they will both have different levels of free testosterone. You will then make an adjustment on the dosage based on those levels and most importantly their symptoms.
    So whether it be injections or cream. One starts with a specific dosage of either one and then will adjust that dosage based on the free testosterone levels and most importantly symptomatic improvement.

Mark has a great deal of insight on testosterone and its benefits. He understands more than most the significant beneficial effects that testosterone has on multiple organ systems and the fact that there is a dose-response relationship. Meaning, the better the dose, the better the levels, the better the benefits.
    Thank you again. Really do appreciate the input.

I just listened to your podcast with Jay Campbell on endocrine disrupting chemicals. Never mind climate change, that is a scary area of research.

Mark, thanks for still keeping this forum up and available. I can only imagine what the information provided would be like if I had posted on Reddit, twitter etc.

I noticed optimal mental (anxiety, drive, emotional wellbeing) and cognitive (focus and memory) improvement at TT levels around 2000ng/dl at low-normal SHBG. Health markers look great.

I experimented with lowering the dose again (as a way to find my lowest, effective dose), but the positive effects reduce exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Doc, just a quick one if I may, I'm on TRT and feeling better but don't think I'm anywhere near optimised. I'm on 1000mg test undecanoate every 12 weeks. My decayed level just before the 3mthly inj is low 300's. I don't have a high end value measured. What language could I use with my provider to encourage better dosage, I live in a country (Aust) where any TRT is very difficult to get..its been a task just to get to this dosage.
    In your country you probably don't have a way to change your providers prescribing habits. Men are desperate for help in Australia. The problem you're experiencing is no different than what a lot of men experience here in the United States. Any time there is a long period between injection you of course are going to experience significant peaks and troughs and that's the one thing I try to avoid when I'm treating men. I try to get stable consistent optimal levels and avoiding any significant peaks and troughs. So make sure that a man gets enough and make sure his levels never fall below the minimum effective concentration in pharmacology terms. At least you are receiving it which is better than not getting it at all. I would just have a honest discussion with your physician and tell him that you feel good for a period of time and then before your next injection you don't feel great and would he consider more frequent injections to avoid the peaks and troughs that you are experiencing.
    Keith

Australia is a prison colony. They recently demonstrated the fact that control is favored over factual analysis. You have my sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Keith Nichols MD View Post
    In your country you probably don't have a way to change your providers prescribing habits. Men are desperate for help in Australia. The problem you're experiencing is no different than what a lot of men experience here in the United States. Any time there is a long period between injection you of course are going to experience significant peaks and troughs and that's the one thing I try to avoid when I'm treating men. I try to get stable consistent optimal levels and avoiding any significant peaks and troughs. So make sure that a man gets enough and make sure his levels never fall below the minimum effective concentration in pharmacology terms. At least you are receiving it which is better than not getting it at all. I would just have a honest discussion with your physician and tell him that you feel good for a period of time and then before your next injection you don't feel great and would he consider more frequent injections to avoid the peaks and troughs that you are experiencing.
    Keith
    thanks Keith, really appreciate the comments, i'll keep pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Australia is a prison colony. They recently demonstrated the fact that control is favored over factual analysis. You have my sympathy.
    Rip, you know the waiting rooms here still have stickers on the chairs where you can and cannot sit, I saw a married couple walk in and sit apart on the designated seats...we're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Rip, you know the waiting rooms here still have stickers on the chairs where you can and cannot sit, I saw a married couple walk in and sit apart on the designated seats...we're fucked.
    Australia apparently now has more sheep than it does kangaroos.

starting strength coach development program
    And that is what I see clinically as well. I will bet that at a testosterone level around 2000 ng/dL, your free testosterone is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 ng/dL. Everything that you were reporting is what I see clinically as well. When the testosterone levels are outside of the so-called normal range and in a healthy optimal range all parameters of health will improve. I am attacked online by many because of these very statements. They will say "he doesn't know the long-term harm he's causing with those testosterone levels " or "nobody needs testosterone levels two times the normal range." My response is always from a clinical standpoint and now doing this for almost 2 decades that when every parameter of health that I can measure improves when men have testosterone levels in an optimal range, what would be the long-term harm? I don't see every parameter of health improving with lower levels or with mainstream medical treatment, but I do with hormone optimization combined with nutrition and exercise.

And on a personal note I gave up forums a year or two ago because of the personal attacks and the fact that most men cannot understand and will not follow evidence based medicine.
    What I have found with the starting strength population is that they are mature and highly intelligent and embrace evidence based medicine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast