starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trt

Default Trt

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Following listening to the TRT podcasts I decided to have my levels checked. I am only 35 so I thought it unlikely however some of the symptoms discussed sounded very familiar. Low and behold my total testosterone was below 300.

I have had this verified by 3 separate blood tests and following a phone consultation discussing my symptoms I am set to start TRT next week.

Only downside was listening to the Dr talk out of his ass about side effects such as prostate cancer risk, thick blood/hematocrit etc (he actually said “we don’t want you having a heart attack”).

Given that I now have the prescription I am inclined to ignore this obvious bullshit.

I opted for the versa base scrotal cream delivery method as Dr Keith Nichols sounded extremely positive in relation to ease of use and effectiveness.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this?

He has left the option of injectable cypionate on the table if I change my mind.

Thanks

It apparently works pretty well, but I prefer the injection because I know exactly how much I'm taking. Opinions vary.

Thanks Mark. That is a good point.

He didn’t seem that concerned about changing to cypionate injections if I don’t have a positive experience with the cream. Will see how I feel and take it from there.

My PCP prescribed test once but the protocol was 50mg every two weeks. When I questioned that protocol he copped an attitude and said he wouldn't debate with information from "internet blogs." I opted out of the prescription. I'm now set for a consult with Wittmer but I'm also considering the UGL option seeing as I'd rather not pay $150-300/month for a maximum dose of 200mg/week when I can get a 10ml vial of 250mg/ml test for $40 (10 week supply of 250mg test) and find my own preferred dose and can stop at anytime without any hassle. Of course that comes with other risks. Not sure what I'll do. What dose did your doc prescribe?

I agree with Mark. I don't trust the gels because I don't know what the absorption rate for me personally is. With injections, I know how much I'm getting every time. Plus, honestly, it just doesn't *seem* that something you rub on your skin is as good as something you inject directly into you. I know that isn't necessarily true, but in my head it makes more sense.

I use an HRT base or atrevis base. I stopped using the versa base years ago although it worked OK but I got my best results with the HRT base as well as the atrevis base. HRT base gets good results and is cheaper than the atrevis base. Make sure your cream is at least 200 mg per gram and is made by a very reputable compounding pharmacy because that can make all the difference. It works very well just like injections do. The reason I discuss the cream is because it gives men another very good alternative if they don't want to use injections.

Going to hijack this thread with my own TRT question: I'm 30 and have been lifting with the blue book/grey book programming for the last 14 years. I've had pretty good success -- I've squatted 515x5, pulled 640, at 6'0 220 lbs bodyweight. But, I've been listening/reading all the TRT material here lately and the stressing of the psychological benefits (especially on the latest podcast) and thought I better get my testosterone tested, as I have problems with anxiety. Doctor refused to cover my test on the socialized health care, but no problem, I paid myself. I had my test levels taken the morning after a heavy workout: My total test was 643 ng/dl (their listed reference is 175-800), and free was 17.00 ng/dl (reference 7.0 - 22.7). So I guess I'm not "low" test, but I also want to do everything in my power to feel better. I am not depressed, I am just overwhelmingly anxious. I've had issues with panic attacks, and I can struggle to do every day things like talk in a casual zoom meeting for my job. My anxiety is bad enough that I have mostly isolated myself from other people. Has anyone had success with using TRT for anxiety, despite not being "low"? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Railbob1776 View Post
    My PCP prescribed test once but the protocol was 50mg every two weeks. When I questioned that protocol he copped an attitude and said he wouldn't debate with information from "internet blogs."

He basically told you he has no interest in serving his customer, you.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I agree with Mark. I don't trust the gels because I don't know what the absorption rate for me personally is. With injections, I know how much I'm getting every time.
    This makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    Plus, honestly, it just doesn't *seem* that something you rub on your skin is as good as something you inject directly into you. I know that isn't necessarily true, but in my head it makes more sense.
    This does not make sense.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    Going to hijack this thread with my own TRT question: I'm 30 and have been lifting with the blue book/grey book programming for the last 14 years. I've had pretty good success -- I've squatted 515x5, pulled 640, at 6'0 220 lbs bodyweight. But, I've been listening/reading all the TRT material here lately and the stressing of the psychological benefits (especially on the latest podcast) and thought I better get my testosterone tested, as I have problems with anxiety. Doctor refused to cover my test on the socialized health care, but no problem, I paid myself. I had my test levels taken the morning after a heavy workout: My total test was 643 ng/dl (their listed reference is 175-800), and free was 17.00 ng/dl (reference 7.0 - 22.7). So I guess I'm not "low" test, but I also want to do everything in my power to feel better. I am not depressed, I am just overwhelmingly anxious. I've had issues with panic attacks, and I can struggle to do every day things like talk in a casual zoom meeting for my job. My anxiety is bad enough that I have mostly isolated myself from other people. Has anyone had success with using TRT for anxiety, despite not being "low"? Thanks.
    There are certain treatments that could help with what you're describing but I doubt anymore testosterone would be helpful for you. You're damn strong (from my perspective) already and I imagine that physical prowess has probably given you most of the relief it can in this capacity.

Personally, Psychedelic therapy has done wonders for me in this regard. There are a lot of different kinds and a lot of information out there on how they help with what you're describing. They totally changed my life; I'll be willing to bet that they would change yours too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast