• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark,
    Stats:
    Age - 22
    Height - 6'2
    BW - 194lbs
    S: 250 D:290 P:135
    Chins: +10kg

All for the prescribed sets and reps across. I can't bench because of an old shoulder injury, so I press 3x a week. I started the LP almost 12 weeks ago. My BW is up 25lbs (165>190). I've been gaining roughly 2lbs/week although this is getting increasingly harder. Eating has definitely been the hardest part of the program- I've played sports my whole life so getting to the gym is not really an issue.
    Now, my Squat has stalled at 250 despite me continuing to gain weight. I've already had one reset. Deadlift seems to be going up every session, however it feels like I'll be stalling soon. My Press has stalled multiple times with me adding roughly 2-3lbs a week. I'll probably have to change my programming for this.
    Chins: I'm able to do chins with a 10kg plate for 5*3. I've had prior lifting experience and could do +20kgs when I was 165lbs with abs

My questions:
    I know the solution to get out of this stall is to eat more. I've already been gaining 2lbs a week. What would be the ideal rate of weight gain per week for me. I started the LP at 165 and have put on almost 25 pounds already. How much would I weigh at the end of LP? I'm frankly tired of stuffing my face the entire day. Also, what would be my lifts approximately be at that weight?

Thanks & Regards
    (I'm from India where we use metric, so I hope I've converted everything to lbs properly)

Describe your diet.

Maybe post a form check. Might not be the diet but form that’s holding you back. Also are you sleeping enough?

I eat your standard Indian carb heavy diet. Main carb sources would be white rice based products. My main protein sources would be chick breast and whole eggs. I have atleast 250gms of chicken breast for dinner. I also supplement that with about half a gallon of milk a day plus 50g of Whey protein. I don't track my calories, but I do gain about 2 pounds a week.