starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men in Women's Sports

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have two questions:

1. How do I change my pronouns on my starting strength.com profile?

2. And what could possibly go wrong?
    Vermont HS volleyball team banned from locker room over transgender dispute

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Allen said the problem isn’t the transgender athlete’s presence on the team, but in the locker room.
    Good grief. That actually is the problem. Any level of tolerance is bullshit. Our society is crumbling because losers like this can't say no to other losers who pretend to be girls so they can spike volleyballs in girls' faces by using any level of authority they can to abuse regular people who just want to be left alone to be regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    who pretend to be girls
    No. They don't want to pretend to be girls. They don't want periods, and bloating, and all the shit things that come with being an actual biological female. They want only the shallowest trappings of femininity and all of the perceived privileges. They are the equivalent to the person who puts on the blindfold for the day and thinks they now understand what it's like to be blind. What I think they actually want is to not have to grow up and be men. The world of men can be cold and harsh. If they decide to be women they get to avoid all that. They are perpetual children who can't be forced to "man up" anymore.

Very insightful, Jenni.

How wrong we all were.
    Had a good laugh this morning. There I am sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, pulled “Strong Enough” off the shelf and I got to the
    Sex, Appearance, and Training” chapter. Nodded as I read Rip’s description of the performance differences between men and women, which concluded with the line “This is why men and women do not compete against each other in varsity and professional sports.”

We were so naive, weren’t we.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    No. They don't want to pretend to be girls. They don't want periods, and bloating, and all the shit things that come with being an actual biological female. They want only the shallowest trappings of femininity and all of the perceived privileges. They are the equivalent to the person who puts on the blindfold for the day and thinks they now understand what it's like to be blind. What I think they actually want is to not have to grow up and be men. The world of men can be cold and harsh. If they decide to be women they get to avoid all that. They are perpetual children who can't be forced to "man up" anymore.
    Reminds me of Norah Vincent, no happy ending to that story though.

Strange thing about this phenomenon is it's the women I know who support it the most stridently.

Even the liberal guys in my circle don't seem too sure about it, but the women are absolute zealots.

Very weird as if you think it all the way through, the point of the thing is it makes women just disappear.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by my_back_hurts View Post

Even the liberal guys in my circle don't seem too sure about it, but the women are absolute zealots.
    Orwell was right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12