Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nasal congestion

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    You meant 3 years, right?

30 years.

What was the justification to put you on blood pressure meds at age 25?
    The doc said my readings were too high. I was otherwise in excellent physical health and strength training regularly. My father passed away at age 37 from a heart attack so family history was the other factor.

How many times did "your doc" read your blood pressure before putting you on medication?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How many times did "your doc" read your blood pressure before putting you on medication?
    Not too many. I had a few diastolic readings of 110 and he seemed pretty concerned about it.

I had a BP reading of 152/75 last week. The doctor told me to consider medication and to quit lifting. He said it was impossible for me to have a normal BP reading at home, and that feeling uncomfortable at his office wouldn't raise my systolic that high.

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    30 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    when I was 25 years old, 3 years ago.
    Then the typo must be here and you're actually 55, right?

Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    I had a BP reading of 152/75 last week. The doctor told me to consider medication and to quit lifting. He said it was impossible for me to have a normal BP reading at home, and that feeling uncomfortable at his office wouldn't raise my systolic that high.
    You need to find another doctor. Or perhaps you don't need to see a doctor at all, but I have no idea why you were seeing a doctor, so...

Quote Originally Posted by asm44 View Post
    He said it was impossible for me to have a normal BP reading at home, and that feeling uncomfortable at his office wouldn't raise my systolic that high.
    He wants you to move out of the house?

I prefer phenylephrine nasal spray. oxymetazoline takes too long to relieve the congestion. I also try to only use it at night, but some days I need to use it during the day. I’ve tried doing a nasal lavage, but it just doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Interesting topic, the blood pressure. The doctors told my mom when I was born I wouldn't live for 6 month,my heart was so fucked up. I've lived to be 36, my blood pressure never dropping below 145, and still here I am lifting relatively heavy and drinking relatively not moderately. Do you guys think I should get on some kind of blood pressure medication? I really want to make it to 45. I think we have interesting times ahead of us.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by zft View Post
    Then the typo must be here and you're actually 55, right?
    Yeah, I see how my post was confusing. I'm 60 years old, had chronic sinus issues until around 4 years ago when I decided to say f off to the medical pharmaceutical complex. Then everything cleared up, thankfully.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast