starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nasal congestion

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jlwilson View Post
    I prefer phenylephrine nasal spray. oxymetazoline takes too long to relieve the congestion. I also try to only use it at night, but some days I need to use it during the day. I’ve tried doing a nasal lavage, but it just doesn’t seem to make a difference.
    Phenylephrine only lasts a few hours, and I'd like to stay asleep all night. I have the patience to wait the 5-7 minutes for oxymetazoline to provide the dilation, since I'm taking it for the benefits it provides for the whole night.

Worth mentioning Claritin D along with the afrin is awesome for this. I get the 12 hour and use it when I'm feeling extra plugged or want to ensure I get a great night of sleep.

Rip, when you say “nightly spray” is that the oxymetazoline or some other spray? And is the morning nasal saline clean out a Neti pot type thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have been using oxymetazoline for 35 years. I use it only at night before I go to bed. If I don't use it, I don't sleep, so I keep a supply on hand in case Joe Brandon decides that he knows better than I do. My ENT guy says he can see changes in the mucosa, but he's not worried about it. I have perceived no trouble from using it, and I wish I had started doing my morning saline nasal cleanout and nightly spray about 10 years earlier. I have never heard of the shit your smelly buddy uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Rip, when you say “nightly spray” is that the oxymetazoline or some other spray? And is the morning nasal saline clean out a Neti pot type thing?
    Yes. As I said, "I have been using oxymetazoline for 35 years. I use it only at night before I go to bed." I use a coffee cup of saline in the morning. Not coffee, saline.

Yes. As I said, "I have been using oxymetazoline for 35 years. I use it only at night before I go to bed." I use a coffee cup of saline in the morning. Not coffee, saline.
    Okay, sorry, I didn’t know Oxymetazoline was a spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumata View Post
    Interesting topic, the blood pressure. The doctors told my mom when I was born I wouldn't live for 6 month,my heart was so fucked up. I've lived to be 36, my blood pressure never dropping below 145, and still here I am lifting relatively heavy and drinking relatively not moderately. Do you guys think I should get on some kind of blood pressure medication? I really want to make it to 45. I think we have interesting times ahead of us.
    If you were "supposed to be" dead 35 and a half years ago and have made it this far without them, I'd personally be very reluctant to start messing around with my cardiovascular system unless I had a very good reason.

May I ask what saline you use?

starting strength coach development program
    I put some salt in a coffee cup, and add water until it's isotonic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123