starting strength gym

Thread: Testosterone levels

Default Testosterone levels

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark, this is going to be a bit long winded, but I think there are some important factors to include

I'm 31 male, 5'7 and currently weigh 160 pounds. A stick I know. I have started a nlp this week after what has been my longest layoff (9 months)

Nine months ago I was 185, squatting 305x3x5, benching 195x3x5, pressing 127x3x5 and deadlifting 355x5. Obviously these numbers are greatly reduced after such a long layoff and 35 pounds less of me.

Due to a recent car accident I was in, I had to be examined by a doctor to prove I am fit to drive. I haven't been to a doctor in over 12 years so she did all the basic blood work a new patient would get plus a few extra, one being testosterone at my request. My level was 418.96, sample taken at 11:30 am, last thing I ate was a small breakfast at 6 am. She told me I am "normal" but I need another opinion.

I need to add in here some other factors that may have some weight in why my levels are low. The car accident I was in was caused by extreme fatigue that turned out to be E. Coli. I went from 175 to 165 in ten days, and had bruised ribs that effected most of my day in an unsatisfactory way for about 5 weeks. Over those 5 weeks I lost about another 5 pounds and used a notch in my belt I havent used since I was 22.

Just wondering what your thoughts are, obviously this doctor has no interest in helping me get my levels higher, I am in the normal range after all.

Have you watched or listened to our podcasts about this?

I have. I thought maybe the rapid weight loss I went through could have played a role in my levels. I left out in my post that I am not experiencing any classic symptoms of low testosterone, so I just wanted a more informed opinion before I go to a trt clinic.

If you are not symptomatic, you don't need TRT.

You aren't fit to drive, by the way, since your decision-making includes risking other people's lives by choosing to drive while extremely fatigued. You should be stripped of licensure for life.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    You aren't fit to drive, by the way, since your decision-making includes risking other people's lives by choosing to drive while extremely fatigued. You should be stripped of licensure for life.
    Are you placing him under arrest?