Keep Discussing TRT! Keep Discussing TRT! - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Keep Discussing TRT!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    • starting strength seminar april 2023
    • starting strength seminar june 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    Man, I sure as hell wouldn't try to bring anything back from Mexico in this day and age. Being a gringo, I don't trust the farmacias, especially border towns or tourist spots, and I sure don't count on getting through customs. The good ol days are long gone, I do believe. That's not to say it's never done but I wouldn't do it.

    I'm riding my motorcycle into Mexico to spend a few months there this winter. From cursory research I think the problem occurs trying to bring it back, as it's a controlled substance, and a Mexican prescription won't suffice. Seems to be about $15-20 for a 10ml vial of 200-250mg/ml test. I think costs about 4-5 times as much here in the states.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brainich View Post
    My PCP is not listening. Conversation two weeks ago:


    How about having Dr. Nichols and wife Angie on the podcast to talk about hormone therapy for women?
    This right here.

    Please do that

    I have had amazing results working with Dr Nichols. Honestly life changing.

    My wife is 45 and menopausal. I know her hormones are all out of whack (she's tired all the time, run down, depressed and has a laundry list of other issues)

    I have brought up the idea with her and she went to her GP DR. to get all her levels checked.

    Big surprise.. everything came back "normal" so she's written off the idea.

    There is only so much I can say before I push too much and piss her off.

    I know the female demographic is a minority in the SS world but it is growing (especially in the aging female world)

    Would be great to hear from experienced experts.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    La Jolla California
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The problem, you fool, is obtaining the testosterone. Before TRT was made available, it was a problem. Most of us don't have access to Mexico, so we have to be concerned about the "legal" situation. And if 500mg of test a week is your question, I'm a coward if I don't answer it? Respond carefully.

    Ah, the kinder, sober, correctly typed (I cleaned the first one up for you) version of the question. The fact that it's not illegal in Thailand and Mexico is an interesting observation, but if you're here in Texas and not prepared to move for Little Brown Sister-access and legal steroids, the argument is NOT stupid. Guys like you are going to fuck around and get the Biden FDA to fuck us up here. And they will do it. Look at the situation in Europe -- if you can't get the shit under any circumstances, it really doesn't matter what wasting 2 weeks worth of a scarce/unobtainable commodity means. If you want to drive to Mexico every 6 months and get the shit back across, go ahead. Then you can learn about 500mg/week like the rest of us did.
    Of course. Forgive me, Rip. Also, I did not mean to insult anyone with the coward comment, but that's how it came off. What I meant to suggest is that someone is LIVING in Thailand or Mexico may want to know the answer. And if they are living in Thailand or Mexico or some other place where it is OTC legal, they may need some expert medical guidance. I was never implying or suggesting breaking ANY law or importing drugs into Biden's country or anything like that. According to an article in the Kansas City Star, test is OTC legal in many countries, such as Columbia, Bahamas, Egypt, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Hong Kong, Poland, Puerto Rico (? that's news to me) Thailand, Greece, India, and Korea. The main point still stands - what if any negatives occur if you take a lot more than the typical doctor prescribed TRT doses and start walking around with test levels high above the bullshit reference ranges. Thanks.

    (Where Are Steroids Legal?)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    I'm riding my motorcycle into Mexico to spend a few months there this winter. From cursory research I think the problem occurs trying to bring it back, as it's a controlled substance, and a Mexican prescription won't suffice. Seems to be about $15-20 for a 10ml vial of 200-250mg/ml test. I think costs about 4-5 times as much here in the states.
    You are riding a motorcycle into Mexico by yourself for a few months. We'll never see you again. Get your affairs in order.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Watson View Post
    I'm riding my motorcycle into Mexico to spend a few months there this winter. From cursory research I think the problem occurs trying to bring it back, as it's a controlled substance, and a Mexican prescription won't suffice. Seems to be about $15-20 for a 10ml vial of 200-250mg/ml test. I think costs about 4-5 times as much here in the states.
    If you have a US prescription, you can lawfully import personal amounts of a controlled substance. 21 USC 956.

    If you don't have insurance, you can use GoodRx and it comes out to like $40 for 15mL of 200mg/mL. You can further minimize cost by using HSA/FSA card.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    50,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brainich View Post
    How about having Dr. Nichols and wife Angie on the podcast to talk about hormone therapy for women?
    Scheduled.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    La Jolla California
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Can we ask them to comment on nandrolone for women? Apparently it aromatizes into a progesterone-like hormone, or at least one that interacts with the progesterone receptors. I'm a little unlcear on this. It seems like a little test and a nandrolone might be helpful to women, as both will either aromatize into dht and estradiol or interact with those receptors, plus the progestin receptors. All of which, post menopausal women may need. Again, this will require thinking outside the US based doctor-patient paradigmatic relationship.

    Thanks, Rip. Once again, you are doing the work that others who are supposed to be doing are not.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are riding a motorcycle into Mexico by yourself for a few months. We'll never see you again. Get your affairs in order.

    Hahah. I actually planned on going there last year by myself, and then a couple of buddies decided to come with me on my planned route, which involved a loop hitting both mainland coasts, and a ferry across to Baja. Unfortunately I decided to wait until after Christmas in order to spend the holiday with my mom, and got snowed in, unable to leave. Both my buds did the route that I planned, and not only managed to return alive but had a great time.

    This year I'm trailering the bike to San Antonio to go ride down with one of the guys who went last year. I have no illusions of it being safer than the shithole city I live in, but everyone I know who's gone down there remarks that the media, and state department exaggerate the danger. It's a country of 130 million, the cartels can't possibly, or haven't yet, killed everyone. It's worth a little risk for cheap prices, good food, scenic roads, and decent weather. But just in case, I've checked and made sure that none of my assets would end up going to the state. A dearth of gyms is my biggest concern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    If you have a US prescription, you can lawfully import personal amounts of a controlled substance. 21 USC 956.

    If you don't have insurance, you can use GoodRx and it comes out to like $40 for 15mL of 200mg/mL. You can further minimize cost by using HSA/FSA card.
    That's not bad at all.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Scheduled.

    Fantastic

    Thank you all

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    66

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Can we ask them to comment on nandrolone for women? Apparently it aromatizes into a progesterone-like hormone, or at least one that interacts with the progesterone receptors. I'm a little unlcear on this. It seems like a little test and a nandrolone might be helpful to women, as both will either aromatize into dht and estradiol or interact with those receptors, plus the progestin receptors. All of which, post menopausal women may need. Again, this will require thinking outside the US based doctor-patient paradigmatic relationship.

    Thanks, Rip. Once again, you are doing the work that others who are supposed to be doing are not.
    I will go ahead and answer that for you now, that nandrolone is not a part of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy for women. Testosterone of course is, and whether a female is premenopausal or postmenopausal, pure micronized progesterone is an essential part of their treatment. Women are much more complex than men because you are balancing estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, and of course thyroid. From a clinical standpoint and from a symptomatic standpoint, I will tell you that thyroid is to women what testosterone is to men. Of course women need testosterone just like we do, and believe it or not is their most abundant hormone, which we will discuss in the podcast. So women are no different from men -- the goals are the same, and that is to optimize levels of all of their hormones so that you maximize the benefits of each hormone in order to prevent age-related disease and disability, and to maintain maximal health throughout the lifespan.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •