Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keep Discussing TRT!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanVino View Post
    This right here.

Please do that

I have had amazing results working with Dr Nichols. Honestly life changing.

My wife is 45 and menopausal. I know her hormones are all out of whack (she's tired all the time, run down, depressed and has a laundry list of other issues)

I have brought up the idea with her and she went to her GP DR. to get all her levels checked.

Big surprise.. everything came back "normal" so she's written off the idea.

There is only so much I can say before I push too much and piss her off.

I know the female demographic is a minority in the SS world but it is growing (especially in the aging female world)

Would be great to hear from experienced experts.

You are a smart man. It seems to never work out whenever a husband pushes their wife into doing something that they're unsure of or don't want to do. It has to somehow be their idea or never works out very well. Such is married life. I have found the best approach in your situation is to let her see the benefits that Herman optimization has given you and then at some point in time take her out to a nice dinner or go on a nice trip somewhere and during that time talk about how much she means to you and how you want to grow old and happy together and maintain her health so that you can do that. Menopause is the equivalent of a man being castrated. When a soldier is injured and castrated there is never a time that they are not provided with testosterone. Sadly, every woman that goes through menopause has essentially been castrated, but yet they are not giving back their hormones in most situations. Menopause is endocrine failure for women, as they immediately lose their estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. I personally find how women are treated at menopause to be criminal and malpractice. Maybe you can just talk your wife into having a little conversation with Angie as women seem to do much better discussing these type issues with another woman.

Women can still access progesterone, estrogen and DHEA over the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Can we ask them to comment on nandrolone for women? Apparently it aromatizes into a progesterone-like hormone, or at least one that interacts with the progesterone receptors. I'm a little unlcear on this. It seems like a little test and a nandrolone might be helpful to women, as both will either aromatize into dht and estradiol or interact with those receptors, plus the progestin receptors. All of which, post menopausal women may need. Again, this will require thinking outside the US based doctor-patient paradigmatic relationship.

Thanks, Rip. Once again, you are doing the work that others who are supposed to be doing are not.
    And for men, please. There are lawful and legitimate uses of nandrolone for men.

Can we ask them to comment on nandrolone for women? Apparently it aromatizes into a progesterone-like hormone, or at least one that interacts with the progesterone receptors. I'm a little unlcear on this. It seems like a little test and a nandrolone might be helpful to women, as both will either aromatize into dht and estradiol or interact with those receptors, plus the progestin receptors. All of which, post menopausal women may need. Again, this will require thinking outside the US based doctor-patient paradigmatic relationship.

Thanks, Rip. Once again, you are doing the work that others who are supposed to be doing are not.
    To summarize my last answer to you: in a post menopausal woman it's as simple as giving a woman back what she has lost in a bio-identical form. So, give her back her testosterone, her estrogen, and her progesterone in sufficient amounts to provide maximal health benefits and protection against age related diseases

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Ohanian View Post
    And for men, please. There are lawful and legitimate uses of nandrolone for men.
    But not in the context of TRT, since nandrolone (Deca-Durabolin, Durabolin 50, etc.) is an anabolic steroid.

Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    Women can still access progesterone, estrogen and DHEA over the counter.
    Micronized, progesterone and estradiol are not available over the counter in the United States

It is FDA approved in the United States for the treatment of anemia from chronic renal disease

I understand if you want to limit the discussion to testosterone only, but whether nandrolone may have useful therapeutic qualities to men and women seems reasonable to discuss with a knowledgeable endocrine doctrine, especially where nandrolone and other synthetic hormones are prescribed throughout the world for a number of conditions. Off label use (for example, treating Covid w Ivermectin off label?) is a valid area of inquiry. We don't necessarily have to limit the discussion to TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But not in the context of TRT, since nandrolone (Deca-Durabolin, Durabolin 50, etc.) is an anabolic steroid.
    I agree that TRT doesn't require nandrolone, but nandrolone requires supplemental T (or maybe just at a certain dosage), so I do think there is relation to TRT. I do appreciate the openness on this subject, Coach.

I understand if you want to limit the discussion to testosterone only, but whether nandrolone may have useful therapeutic qualities to men and women seems reasonable to discuss with a knowledgeable endocrine doctrine, especially where nandrolone and other synthetic hormones are prescribed throughout the world for a number of conditions.
    We are dealing with US law here, and the DEA does not like anabolic steroids. It is widely recognized that oxandrolone (Anavar) is very beneficial drug for post-op orthopedic treatment. But nobody will write it because the office is inspected and records are reviewed.

Off label use (for example, treating Covid w Ivermectin off label?) is a valid area of inquiry.
    Ivermectin is not an anabolic steroid.

We don't necessarily have to limit the discussion to TRT.
    But we are going to anyway.

I agree that TRT doesn't require nandrolone, but nandrolone requires supplemental T (or maybe just at a certain dosage), so I do think there is relation to TRT. I do appreciate the openness on this subject, Coach.
    There is no relation to TRT if you don't use nandrolone. And you don't have to use nandrolone to achieve the benefits of TRT. So, drop it.

starting strength coach development program
    Bezwecken. Over-the-counter product that says in the ingredient list USP progesterone and USP estriol. It's available as a topical liquid, topical cream (+ UPS estradiol) or vaginal suppository. If there is a distinction you'd like to make, please discuss on the upcoming podcast.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast