starting strength gym

Thread: Beer/Wine warmup

Default Beer/Wine warmup

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Does drinking a beer or a cup of wine during my squat warmups make me a pussy?

I don't think so. Why? Does it help?

It seems to be productive if it's an especially challenging day psychologically. I always drink coffee before/during, but sometimes a beer seems better than Gatorade or the like.

The guys at the highland games enjoy liquid spirits all around the activities. Are they pussies?

I had an espresso martini before a workout last week and claimed it as a pre-workout.

(My wife was practising the recipe, and my neighbour's son has opened a gym that I can get to via a field of sheep so no driving was involved. No sheep were harmed either).

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    I had an espresso martini before a workout last week and claimed it as a pre-workout.

(My wife was practising the recipe, and my neighbour's son has opened a gym that I can get to via a field of sheep so no driving was involved. No sheep were harmed either).
    That sounds delightful. This is now my favorite post.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    The guys at the highland games enjoy liquid spirits all around the activities. Are they pussies?
    Certainly not. I didn't know that. I figured this had to be a fairly common practice.

I can't train without hot black coffee. Never considered spiking it but I did once train after going to happy hour with a lifter and she accidentally hit a PR squat without noticing. Not something I am recommending in my professional capacity of course.

starting strength coach development program
    I used to train m/w/f and Friday was always happy hour after work (I was 24-25). On Friday’s I’d regularly set prs for my first lift, but I’d be dog shit for my other lifts.