starting strength gym

Thread: Rip on the paleo diet

Default Rip on the paleo diet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip I remember way way back in maybe 2009 or early 2010s you were on advocating and practicing the paleo diet. I am respectfully asking why you have abandoned your adherence to the paleo diet, downsides, etc. Also as a long time fan I’d really appreciate if you grew your sideburns out again for old times sake.

~ Barry

First, what is the Paleo Diet? Help me remember.

Who knows, it is interpreted differently by everyone it seems. I just remember you speaking of it way back in the day and was curious why you abandoned it. I understand your ideas evolve over time, such as the front squat in the original book, but I was just curious as to why you hopped off the paleo wagon.

How do you know I abandoned it? This is why knowing what it is is important.

Caveman food.

A paleo diet is an eating plan based on foods humans might have eaten during the Paleolithic Era. The Paleolithic Era dates from around 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago.

A modern paleo diet includes fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds. These are foods that in the past people could get by hunting and gathering. It doesn't include foods that became more common when small-scale farming began about 10,000 years ago. These foods include grains, legumes and dairy products.
    Paleo diet: What is it and why is it so popular? - Mayo Clinic

Touché. I just don’t hear you talk about it anymore, and assumed you have left it. But I get what you’re saying.

"A modern paleo diet includes fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds. These are foods that in the past people could get by hunting and gathering. It doesn't include foods that became more common when small-scale farming began about 10,000 years ago. These foods include grains, legumes and dairy products."

You might need to keep the milk depending on who you are, but otherwise it seems fairly sound.

I basically still eat like this, with occasional exceptions. But since I'm not selling it, I don't label it and talk about it.

Ah got it

starting strength coach development program
    Not exactly sure what a Paleo diet is, but I've found eating high quality beef steaks, eggs, butter, seafood, and grass fed whole milk seems to make me feel pretty healthy and strong.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what big gov recommends.