starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID 19 /training

Default COVID 19 /training

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Got covid last week, and now all the symptoms are gone, Sir mark i would like to ask if when should i get back to regular training?
    I lost 25lbs in a week,

Your posting history reveals that you're just not very good at this "eating"-thing. If you lost 25 pounds in a week, you didn't eat for a week. I don't think you should be training at all until this disorder is treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your posting history reveals that you're just not very good at this "eating"-thing. If you lost 25 pounds in a week, you didn't eat for a week. I don't think you should be training at all until this disorder is treated.
    I was up to 207.5lbs, haven’t posted for about 10 weeks i think, is it detrimental /life threatening to train again after getting a covid, is 2 weeks rest enough to do the program, Any case studies of your clients who has covid then only about 2 weeks returned to regular strength training

Troll?

25 pounds in a week? That doesn't seem right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I lost that much in Afghanistan in a week and a half when I had dysentery. I only lost 18 from COVID and follow on bacterial infection over two weeks. Pretty much couldn't eat the whole time.

First time I had covid it was several weeks before I could train regularly again, although I started trying about two weeks after. It fucked up my recovery capacity and I had some weird cardiovascular shit that eventually went away on its own. The last time I had it, around Thanksgiving, I was back to training within a couple days of feeling better, even though I was arguably sicker this time around. I did lose about 5 pounds in spite of trying to avoid it. Bottom line, get back under the bar and see what happens. You probably won't die but you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I lost that much in Afghanistan in a week and a half when I had dysentery. I only lost 18 from COVID and follow on bacterial infection over two weeks. Pretty much couldn't eat the whole time.
    I feel like it was more the bacterial infection than the COVID.

I feel like it was more the bacterial infection than the COVID.
    That's how I felt at the time, but no one would do anything for me besides tell me I had long COVID (even though I was treated with steroids and antibiotics). So, like... we'll never know will we?

starting strength coach development program
    Troll?
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    That's how I felt at the time, but no one would do anything for me besides tell me I had long COVID (even though I was treated with steroids and antibiotics). So, like... we'll never know will we?
    I am not trolling sir mark, i have this problem since a kid, whenever i got sick, i can’t eat, i have no appetite, as i am recovering now, i am eating normal again, after a week,

12-14 weeks ago i was 185lbs, then before covid i was up to 207.5, the training is so good, as i am not hitting plateu, eating enough and sleeping enough,
    Then covid hit, I didn’t eat for a week you are right, i just cant,

My question is does 2 weeks of rest enough to get back on regular strength training, ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast