starting strength gym

Thread: Michael Jones SSC: Farm-To-Table Lifting

Default Michael Jones SSC: Farm-To-Table Lifting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I am inspired to make a single-shot now.

By the way, decades ago I saw an interview with Spielberg and maybe Lucas, where they were discussing their love of the material of film itself - the matter, the handling, the warp and woof of it. Reminds me of your friend who loves the process as much as the product. That is a recipe for excellence. Starting Strength has a similar emphasis. Which is also like the wise advice for young musicians to start them on higher quality instruments, to properly encourage and support the development of sound technique.

Yet again, there is something universal about the fundamentals of strength training.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    where they were discussing their love of the material of film itself - the matter, the handling, the warp and woof of it. Reminds me of your friend who loves the process as much as the product.
    "Passion of the artist" isn't the relevant factor. It's the practical necessity of vertical integration in an effective strength program. Equipment, technique, and programming are all hopelessly intermingled. If your bar doesn't spin, you probably won't power clean, and eventually your upper back won't stay as straight during deadlifts, which will affect your squat. It's impossible to make sense of some instructions (for example, deadlifting in weightlifting shoes) independently of technique and programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    "Passion of the artist" isn't the relevant factor. It's the practical necessity of vertical integration in an effective strength program. Equipment, technique, and programming are all hopelessly intermingled. If your bar doesn't spin, you probably won't power clean, and eventually your upper back won't stay as straight during deadlifts, which will affect your squat. It's impossible to make sense of some instructions (for example, deadlifting in weightlifting shoes) independently of technique and programming.
    Good, but, because of the unity of gear/technique/programming, to engage one is bound to engage all. It was a phenomena for Steve, George, and the gastronome, is for strength training, and serves as a kind of universal. Edward Van Halen and his obsession with the material of his craft now come to mind. Perhaps more to the point, he didn’t even make sense of it, he just did it.

Besides that, I think most would agree that you are a passionately dispassionate observer.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It was a phenomena for Steve, George, and the gastronome, is for strength training, and serves as a kind of universal.
    I don't think it's true for conditioning. You can swap the prowler for a rower or airbike and get great overall results. A training modality that embraces variety leads to very different business organization than a modality that minimizes variety.