starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Evil gas stoves

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo M View Post
    A very strong permanent magnet intended to affect a pacemaker or automatic implanted defibrillator doesn't work unless it is on the skin right over the device. In very fat people it sometimes doesn't work. There is a theoretical risk of an induction magnet causing pacer malfunction with strong enough current flow. It would be interesting to measure magnetic fields around these devices. Because they don't affect my mobile phone when I'm cooking I suspect the real risk is close to zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Induction stoves do not have magnets in them. They have electrical coils that oscillate when turned on. A magnetic field is created to induce current in the bottom of a ferrous pan. (The coil under the stove top is super low resistance so no heat and the iron pan bottom at high frequencies is very high resistance and gets hot).

I am not a Dr.
    Please stop trying to ruin my hypothetical gas cooker permission slip for a place I will never live. It was told to me by my doctor and is therefore SCIENCE and must be trusted.

Looks like it goes beyond the gas stove, they want to ban all things using natural gas. This article did a tiny bit of digging and found Jeff Bezos behind this trend.

“At the most recent United Nations climate conference in Egypt, The Rockefeller Foundation teamed up with the Bezos Earth Fund, a $10-billion fund set up by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, and the U.S. State Department, to start an energy transition fund that will among other things, put a stop to the use of natural gas.”

It's not just your gas stove, green zealots want your furnace too | Toronto Sun

John

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnski View Post
    “At the most recent United Nations climate conference in Egypt, The Rockefeller Foundation teamed up with the Bezos Earth Fund, a $10-billion fund set up by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, and the U.S. State Department, to start an energy transition fund that will among other things, put a stop to the use of natural gas.”
    And people think only Russia has Oligarchs. "Dear little people, please experience this major change that will affect me not one bit."

I was a lot more relaxed about the idea of billionaires when they were just spending their money on fast cars or winning the Americas Cup. Now they seem to think they can tell everyone else what to do as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234