starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil gas stoves

Default Evil gas stoves

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Another thing the government wants to turn electric:

U.S. safety agency to consider ban on gas stoves amid health fears | Toronto Sun

John

They can consider anything they want to, but this is an excellent way to piss off a lot of people who are not even paying attention.

Featured on Tucker tonight, whose guest was a disobedient Restauranteur.

Tucker counseled mass disobedience, which might finally happen.

A nation of hangry people will not be subjugated.

At the risk of tossing oil on Rip’s fire - California has already banned new gas appliances as of 2030. Dangerous “carbonization” of dwelling structures, dontcha know. It’s the Science.

Sadly it *won’t* piss off most people here. I still occasionally see people voluntarily wearing masks outside.

I’m just not ever going to get that Starting Strength gym, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brainich View Post
    At the risk of tossing oil on Rip’s fire - California has already banned new gas appliances as of 2030. Dangerous “carbonization” of dwelling structures, dontcha know. It’s the Science.

Sadly it *won’t* piss off most people here. I still occasionally see people voluntarily wearing masks outside.

I’m just not ever going to get that Starting Strength gym, am I?
    Do people in California know where electricity comes from? I am genuinely curious.

I think they need to ban glass bottles. And plastic bottles. And aluminum cans. And steel. And wood. The environment depends on this legislation, as does Democracy.

"Environmentalists make good movie villains because they want to make your real life worse"

“If you like your existing gas appliances, you can keep your gas appliances. If you like your existing gas vehicles, you can keep your gas vehicles”

“Banning future gas devices and mandating switching to electricity will reduce your costs”

“The software is working”

- Barrack Obama

Also, gas appliances seem to last forever. My grandmothers gas stove was there for almost 40 years. These newer electrical pieces of shit have built in Chinese obsolescence that keep us buying more. I have purchased THREE electrical ranges in the past twenty years for the same house. 4 dishwashers; three washers; two dryers; 4 refrigerators. Its annoying as hell.

Wait....

Maybe thats the real reason they want to ban them!

starting strength coach development program
    Thomas DiLorenzo described what came to be known as The Washington Monument Phenomenon. Whenever there is what as known metaphorically as a "government shutdown," what happens is the lowest level functions in terms of expenditures end up being closed, e.g., all tourist destinations such as The Washington Monument. When this happens during school trip season or in the summer, this causes unprecedented irritation to parents and normies across the nation. They complain to their "elected officials" and the money begins to flow again, because the last thing "elected officials" want to hear is their constituents talking to them.

Here in Trump's Jersey and throughout our great (Overgrown) Garden State, the excessively toothsome and profoundly cowardly governor recently decreed that single-use disposable bags, paper and/or plastic, shall not be offered by effectively all retail outlets. Restaurants seemed to have escaped this prohibition, but have to deal with an ancillary ban on single-use, non-recyclable/reusable food containers. This was done in the name of environmental protection; apparently, our waterways are clogged with shopping bags and styrofoam.

We thinking folk realized two things: one, the ban was a indulgence to retail who lobbied the government for a way to alleviate their overhead in the face of the recent inflation and the commensurate increase in costs overall. Two, it is obvious that any pollution problem in the public rivers and streams is the fault of failure by Trenton to actually clean up things, ergo, the general public must be blamed for being slobs, despite the fact that they can take care of their own property just fine. Thus, a gift to the government who can just pocket that environmental protection money, or shift it to avenues where they screw us in some other way.

These are examples of Cass Sunstein's "nudging" on the part of those wielding power, i.e., subtle influence used to change the course of behavior. Going after natural gas stoves in homes to me smells interestingly like nudging taken up to a level of shoving. What is next, beating with clubs?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast