starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Rodgers: How to Use Kettlebells

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdcuth View Post
    After joining a new gym I was forced to do an induction before being deemed competent to use the barbell. For those of you lucky enough to have never gone through this painfully boring process it involves following a spotty 18 year old weakling around the gym like an idiot whilst they try and convince you to follow a program guaranteed to kill your gains (and masculinity). The kettlebells were shown to me with reverence as powerful muscle builders with increments from 2-32kg. As I wanted the whole thing over as soon as possible I said nothing rather than question what you did after mastering 32kg? Perhaps 34-160kg were in the back to be brought out when old 32 became too easy (watch your nuts on the 160kg though!). However I just grimaced and moved on trying not to despair that another 30 minutes of my ever shortening life had been wasted.
    So in order to deem you competent to use barbells, they showed you kettlebells?

They were trying to sell personal training.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Isn't "kyitlebell" now the preferred spelling?
    Great shitpost Shiva. For those who don't know Russians use the preposition 'na,' which has a connotation of "on" or "on top of" in meaning, as in 'Na Ukraine,' whereas, as I understand it, the Ukrainians feel wokey butthurt by this all and insist on using the preposition 'v,' which means more like "in," "inside of." As far as I'm aware the debate used to be morphological but now it's taken on more of a PC/woke/victim culture nature.
    I suppose this is more advanced than our LatinX, ze, differently-abled, and other BS word games, because theirs at least is based on lands&territories conquered,sold,or lost, and not Science and the race equity religion. How hilarious would it be if Mexicans all this time had been using different Spanish prepositions to describe Texas, claiming that it was still 'on the edge of' its territory?

So good catch Shiva: our MSM's style guides will soon dictate that all references to that functional training equipment be spelled 'kyitlebell.'

Kyitlebells is the gender neutral form. The feminine form is kettlebelles and the masculine form is kettleballs.

Has anyone looked into "mace training"? Discovered this after kettlebells, or balls or whatever. Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz83 View Post
    Has anyone looked into "mace training"? Discovered this after kettlebells, or balls or whatever. Looks like fun.
    Is that the same as a Clubbell?
    I talked about Tacfit before on the board, it's ridiculous, but it's seems to be old exercise "method" presented under a different name. It's expanding, I had to deal with them unfortunately.
    Not enough to do a troll video about it, but one on the clubbells (weighted bats) would be a good idea I think

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Is that the same as a Clubbell?
    I talked about Tacfit before on the board, it's ridiculous, but it's seems to be old exercise "method" presented under a different name. It's expanding, I had to deal with them unfortunately.
    Not enough to do a troll video about it, but one on the clubbells (weighted bats) would be a good idea I think
    Looks like "hammer training", which I learned about years ago from Matt Furey, purveyor of Combat Conditioning. I have his book: hindu pushups, ultra-high-volume air squats, etc. His repertoire has expanded; see Tiger Tendons. We were thirsty for knowledge.

...anyway, it's the "epitome of functional training" in case you were wondering.

At best they’re ok for metcon HIIT type training (but there are equally good or better alternatives) but completely useless for strength. Definitely don’t buy!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz83 View Post
    ...anyway, it's the "epitome of functional training" in case you were wondering.
    yaah, because everyone keeps there doorstops on the top shelf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12