starting strength gym

Thread: Video: 72 and Stronger Than I Was in the Marine Corps

Default Video: 72 and Stronger Than I Was in the Marine Corps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

I have tried to get my elder father (79 this year) and his wife, and my elder mother (77 this month) to walk more. Simply walk more. Like talking to a brick wall.

My dad gave up years ago. "I'm old," is his constant refrain, and it breaks my heart. My mom's excuse is her knees and hips, both of which are bad off due to her being overweight and not or rarely walking. She thinks a new hip and knee will solve everything. I'm doubtful.

It all hit me in the face last month at a family wedding. The day after we had a family gathering and in the big room watching the Superbowl were five older folks over 70. Only one of them was mobile, but he worked an actual physical job his whole life before retiring. He had to help my mom out of the couch. It was hard to watch and just brought home to me how glad I am my wife finally got me into serious lifting when I turned 51. I never want to be like my elders.

This video is awesome. I've sent videos like this in the past to my dad and mom, to no avail.