starting strength gym
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Forbidden discussion: Childhood vaccinations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankNJ View Post
    Two factors to consider:
    (1) The risk and prevalence of the more serious diseases (e.g. Polio) is low because a vast majority of the population is vaccinated. One could reasonably assume that if a large portion of the population stopped vaccinating, then some of these diseases could return with serious consequences. Therefore, we enjoy low risk today because previous generations vaccinated. We vaccinate today to reduce the risk for future generations.
    (2) Despite the current geopolitical tensions, the world is still very integrated and globalization continues. Therefore, we probably don't have a good idea of how many of these diseases are introduced into our population on a daily bases simply because the diseases never get a chance to propagate. As long as these diseases exist somewhere in the world, then there is risk of exposure, particularly if you are not vaccinated.

The way we went about making the decision for my son was to assume that we would be exposed to every one of those diseases. We travel a lot, so the probability of exposure is high. Therefore, we vaccinated him for everything with the following exceptions; (1) Although not mandatory, he got a leprosy vaccine in China. (2) No C19 and no Influenza.

Best of luck with whatever decision you make.
    Why do people keep replacing the word "immunity" with the word "vaccination"?
    The reason an infectious disease isn't circulating as much is immunity, not necessarily vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by franklie View Post
    [/LIST]

Over 30 years ago, my daughter at 1 yo got rotavirus. I live in a 1st world country. The area where I lived had some of the best medical care in the world available. Within a span of about 6 hours she went from a peppy, vibrant kid to a listless, dehydrated child. Within 3 hours of my daughter exhibiting symptoms, mainly diarrhea and vomiting, we were at urgent care/emergency care. UC/ER couldn't treat her they couldn't figure out what what was wrong. We were sent to the local children's hospital for evaluation. After close to 12 hours after having symptoms first presenting the pediatric medical personnel who seeing that she was dehydrated went to put a rehydrating IV in her. it took 4 nurses to hold her (a one year-old child) down. her screams broke my heart. the minute the fluid started rehydrating her she immediately zonked out and was fast asleep. the next day when I went to visit her she was pushing her IC bottle stand around in her room still with the IV in her.

At the time, rotavirus was a very uncommon disease in the US although prevalent in other less developed countries. I think it may have been the first time the doctors had seen a case of rotavirus. The two factors listed in the quote above weren't relevant for her as she had been breast-fed and in general was in good health.

One thing that I still remember is how nasty smelling her diapers were due to the virus. Diapers of breast-fed babies have a unique smell and diapers of formula-fed babies have a different smell but rotavirus diapers have stomach-turning smell.
    Was this an odd strain? Rotavirus causes the standard "stomach flu" and is one of the most common childhood viruses. What makes you think this is not an occurrence in "first world" countries?

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    The reason an infectious disease isn't circulating as much is immunity, not necessarily vaccination.
    Because that's what the WHO wants you to believe, and it is now the narrative.

Really? Polio just went away in the US because everyone contracted the disease and gained immunity from exposure? Wasn't the massive vaccination effort (which led to immunity) between 1955 and 1963 the primary reason for eradication of Polio?

Really? Polio just went away in the US because everyone contracted the disease and gained immunity from exposure? Wasn't the massive vaccination effort (which led to immunity) between 1955 and 1963 the primary reason for eradication of Polio?
    Vaccinations produce IMMUNITY, not just proof of compliance with the narrative. At least they used to produce immunity, not so much recently.

Hearsay says that polio was declining before the mass vaccination campaign. I haven't looked closely myself, so don't know if that is accurate or relevant.

How does one develop immunity to polio?
    Are you suggesting exposure to the polio virus while unvaccinated in order to develop immunity would be a better scenario than a polio vaccine to develop immunity?

Are you lumping the covid jab in the same category as a polio vaccine?

That's how the story goes, I've never looked into it. I've only heard the counterpart saying that cases were already dropping before the vaccination was implemented, so it was basically an illusion of actual efficacy.
    But my point was simply that non transmission or non infection rather, is caused by immunity, which can be obtained in ways other than vaccination, so you shouldn't use the two terms interchangeably

Wasn't the massive vaccination effort (which led to immunity) between 1955 and 1963 the primary reason for eradication of Polio?
    No.

starting strength coach development program
    We have eradicated polio; now, we just have breakout clusters of a "disease indistinguishable in most respects from traditional polio, in terms of its symptoms,”

Scientists Discover Cause Of Mystery Illness That's Been Paralyzing Children Across The US | IFLScience

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast