starting strength gym
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    You must not be watching the main stream media then, aka state media!
    Haha I am! We have had a cold spell plus flooding for two weeks now. The media is running concurrent articles on how both the super cold summer and the floods, as well as an imaginary record drought and the hottest summer evah is caused by global warming, on the same front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    In total, this is the coldest summer I remember.
    Me and my power bill agree here in east TN, and that is admitting that weather patterns such as this can be regional. However my crape myrtles didn't bloom till late july, and the fireflies were also out in force till late july when they are usually mostly done by the end of june.

I find it telling that all this news about how hot it is uses the massively unreliable surface temperature record vs the satellites we commissioned and launched for this very purpose.

Global Temperature Report :: The University of Alabama in Huntsville

Why has this graph not accelerated or correlated with atmospheric co2 concentrations or fossil fuel consumption?

Anyway, this is all about dishonest data, and this essay deserves to be cross posted here as much as it belonged in the covid thread

democracy dies in data adulteration - by el gato malo

Quote Originally Posted by bad cat man
    words you will never hear:

“we the experts and technocrats empaneled to study this crisis have determined that it is, in fact, not a crisis. please accept the return of the remainder or our budget and put it to some other use.”

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemas View Post
    I don't know about you all but I didn't realize this was supposed to be the 'hottest summer ever' until someone in the media told me that I was supposed to be freaking out about it. I think it's been a pretty mild summer here in NC. Usually most days are in the low 90s, but this summer has has had a majority of its days be in the high 80s. Its actually pretty nice.
    It's amazing how people don't realize they are just spouting media propaganda. The trick is that it makes you believe you are doing the thinking yourself, when in fact you are only agreeing to something that speaks to you emotionally, with no analysis whatsoever because the propaganda itself gives you the talking points.

But if you don't watch any of that or you simply find propaganda obvious and repulsive, none of what they say is actually true. It's at best a manipulation of the truth, and at worst an anti-truth.

People's argument for "the worst summer ever" is literally "well, it feels hotter than before, and they are showing us videos of catastrophic climate incidents, so there you have it"
    So subjective perception and out of context videos shown as undeniable proof to which the viewers react emotionally and not logically.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    It's amazing how people don't realize they are just spouting media propaganda. The trick is that it makes you believe you are doing the thinking yourself, when in fact you are only agreeing to something that speaks to you emotionally, with no analysis whatsoever because the propaganda itself gives you the talking points.

But if you don't watch any of that or you simply find propaganda obvious and repulsive, none of what they say is actually true. It's at best a manipulation of the truth, and at worst an anti-truth.

People's argument for "the worst summer ever" is literally "well, it feels hotter than before, and they are showing us videos of catastrophic climate incidents, so there you have it"
    So subjective perception and out of context videos shown as undeniable proof to which the viewers react emotionally and not logically.
    On the one hand Hawaii just had a tragic fire with dozens of fatalities. On the other hand Hawaii has fires every year. The meteorologists said it was drier than usual for one week prior to this one. One whole week.

The only scientifically responsible conclusion is if you love Hawaii and the Earth in general, vote Biden/Kamala in 2024. They really, really, super duper care, no kidding.

Gilead posted this in the Current Events thread. Think about how this applies to any type of "scientific consensus."

25 Times Medical Consensus Had To Be Rethought

I've had several borderline retarded people tell me that "climate change is real" lately, yet my intuition tells me that none of them would be able to answer one, let alone any of the following questions:

Question 1 - what is the data to support the claim that the climate is changing?

Question 2 - if the data does support it, is climate change good, bad, or neutral for humanity?

Question 3 - if it's bad, what is the data to support that it's bad?

Question 4 - if the data does support that it's bad, what is your proposed solution?

Question 5 - is your solution feasible and are the consequences of your solution the same or worse than the perceived consequences of climate change?

Every single person who says "climate change is real!" should be able to answer these questions quickly and with easily verifiable independently-obtained data... I remain skeptical that they'd be able to.

Two Princeton, MIT Scientists Say EPA Climate Regulations Based on a ‘Hoax’
    12ft |
    “Citing extensive data to support their case, William Happer, professor emeritus in physics at Princeton University, and Richard Lindzen, professor emeritus of atmospheric science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), argued that the claims used by the EPA to justify the new regulations are not based on scientific facts but rather political opinions and speculative models that have consistently proven to be wrong.

More CO2 in the atmosphere leads to more plant growth and higher farming yields, they argued. In addition, synthetic fertilizers, which are derivatives of natural gas, are responsible for nearly half the world’s food production today. ‘Net zero’ goals would reduce CO2 emissions by more than 40 gigatons per year, reducing the food supply proportionally, they said.”

https://twitter.com/thechiefnerd/sta...73197101694977

Victoria Canada Fired Up to Welcome First Electric Pumper

“This fire engine is an important step in making the switch to zero emission vehicles,” said Mayor Marianne Alto.
    Someone should explain to Marianne that it's not "zero emission" if it has a diesel generator.

Someone should also explain to Marianne that with emergency vehicles it isn't about "range", and that emergency vehicles remain running the entire time they are on scene. Once on scene the vehicle will run on it's charge for a short time (a very short time since it's a "pumper"), then the diesel generator will kick on.

Good job spending all that extra money on a "green" fire truck that really isn't. But, hey, you get to reap the "feel goods".

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    Victoria Canada Fired Up to Welcome First Electric Pumper

Someone should explain to Marianne that it's not "zero emission" if it has a diesel generator.

Someone should also explain to Marianne that with emergency vehicles it isn't about "range", and that emergency vehicles remain running the entire time they are on scene. Once on scene the vehicle will run on it's charge for a short time (a very short time since it's a "pumper"), then the diesel generator will kick on.

Good job spending all that extra money on a "green" fire truck that really isn't. But, hey, you get to reap the "feel goods".
    And a fatter ESG score, plus extra points from the climate sheep.

starting strength coach development program
    Just a sociological observation, but in my local area it seems that people are perceiving that it's hotter than it is both relatively and absolutely. I have heard from several local people that "It's never been this hot this summer!" yet I clearly remember it being just as hot, if not hotter, decades ago.

I actually just checked the local weather on this date 30 years ago, and it is 7 degrees cooler today than it was then.

It's the South. It's August. It's fucking brutally hot. I can only assume it's mass media programming that is causing people to perceive that it is unusually hot out.

Or who knows, maybe it's all the Yankee transplants who moved here expecting something other than face-melting humidity for months on end.

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast