starting strength gym
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 464

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Los Alamos, NM
    Posts
    3,237

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mass Timber construction

    This building technique uses compressed wood and epoxies to make load bearing structures. The claim is this is carbon neutral and sustainable.

    I went into the lobby of the worlds tallest all wood building here in Milwaukee, talked with the managers and had a casual look around. It is not all wood, it has plenty of concrete and other types of materials. Just look at the picture. Duh.

    Anyone have any idea how the claim carbon neutral and sustainable can be advertised? What is the kickback from the US forest service?

    World's tallest timber building opens | US Forest Service

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,367

    Default

    You guys in Australia are an amazing bunch of fools. You've completely fallen for a pseudoscience.

    The hypocrisy of Australia’s Net Zero policy - UnHerd

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You guys in Australia are an amazing bunch of fools. You've completely fallen for a pseudoscience.
    Unfortunatey so, we are in the grip of massive delusion, any room left in Texas that has escaped the madness?

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Mass Timber construction

    This building technique uses compressed wood and epoxies to make load bearing structures. The claim is this is carbon neutral and sustainable.

    I went into the lobby of the worlds tallest all wood building here in Milwaukee, talked with the managers and had a casual look around. It is not all wood, it has plenty of concrete and other types of materials. Just look at the picture. Duh.

    Anyone have any idea how the claim carbon neutral and sustainable can be advertised? What is the kickback from the US forest service?

    World's tallest timber building opens | US Forest Service
    Sleight of hand and clever accounting.

    Being in the industry, mass timber does make some cool looking structures.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You guys in Australia are an amazing bunch of fools. You've completely fallen for a pseudoscience.

    https://unherd.com/2023/08/the-hypocrisy-of-australias-net-zero-policy/&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us]The hypocrisy of Australia’s Net Zero policy - UnHerd[/url]
    Don't mistake the actions of a bunch of corrupt bureaucrats for the will of the people, I would have thought the last 3 years would have have made it perfectly obvious that the politicians in charge of western countries couldn't give a flying fuck about representing the people or their interests. This is akin to me asking why Americans let the Biden administration take a giant shit all over your country every day. The answer is you have no say in the matter, they do what they want as do ours, as does every other government. What amazes me most is that your statement implies that you think votes matter, that somehow the people in charge (who are as corrupt and evil as any movie villain) actually leave it all to chance and genuinely let the people decide. If that is the case then Biden absolutely got those 81 million votes.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    Don't mistake the actions of a bunch of corrupt bureaucrats for the will of the people, I would have thought the last 3 years would have have made it perfectly obvious that the politicians in charge of western countries couldn't give a flying fuck about representing the people or their interests. This is akin to me asking why Americans let the Biden administration take a giant shit all over your country every day. The answer is you have no say in the matter, they do what they want as do ours, as does every other government. What amazes me most is that your statement implies that you think votes matter, that somehow the people in charge (who are as corrupt and evil as any movie villain) actually leave it all to chance and genuinely let the people decide. If that is the case then Biden absolutely got those 81 million votes.
    Well, you've got me there.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You guys in Australia are an amazing bunch of fools. You've completely fallen for a pseudoscience.
    Subtle but positive momentum is building in the push for nuclear (once we abolish the law that makes it illegal). Someone in power will probably get around to making it happen in 20 years or so, only 50 years too late and after we've destroyed our natural landscapes with white elephants.

    This is only mildly amusing if you know who the politicians are and, even then, it's all too accurate to be funny. Our Energy Minister is a renewables cult member, i.e. insane.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    Subtle but positive momentum is building in the push for nuclear (once we abolish the law that makes it illegal). Someone in power will probably get around to making it happen in 20 years or so, only 50 years too late and after we've destroyed our natural landscapes with white elephants.

    This is only mildly amusing if you know who the politicians are and, even then, it's all too accurate to be funny. Our Energy Minister is a renewables cult member, i.e. insane.
    Yes, but, we are buying nuclear submarines so nuclear energy is not entirely illegal, it just has to be in the ocean. The rainbow serpent just does not want nuclear generators on the land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Woodruff View Post
    Don't mistake the actions of a bunch of corrupt bureaucrats.
    There is more than a bunch and most are politicians. Look at Victoria, dead broke and up to its eyeballs in debt. I have always said that that state should but cut loose from the rest of Australia and let float down to the Antarctic,but at least Andrew's escaped. There is not a state or territory now in Australia that has escaped this evil,it is certainly not the country I grew up in. There are very few politicians Labor or Liberal that are not certifiable, so it is no wonder the US has also a problem,much like us, but on steroids. Looks like Trump might become the ruler of the world.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    53,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Looks like Trump might become the ruler of the world.
    Worse things could happen.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Looks like Trump might become the ruler of the world.
    Are you giving up on the EU Antichrist prophecy or what?

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •