starting strength gym
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This will be spun to be caused by warming in the North Pole pushing the snow covered areas further south which will eventually warm too. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt275 View Post
    This will be spun to be caused by warming in the North Pole pushing the snow covered areas further south which will eventually warm too. Wait and see.
    Even a child who just learned about gases and liquids can understand that makes no sense whatsoever. Snow means cold, and if snow melts, it becomes water, it doesn't just "move" from the heat as if it was a conscious entity, and even if it did, that would mean that the newly covered snow areas are not suffering from global warming.
    Oh wait, I forgot it's climate change now, so everything falls under the category.
    It's like saying that any government restriction or legislation is done to combat "injustice and danger", everything can potentially fall under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt275 View Post
    Snow reflects light back into space almost as much as silvered mirrors, this “albedo” prevents the ground underneath from heating up. Try skiing on a cloudy day, let alone full sun at altitude, and you will be burnt to a crisp. For years we’ve been told that the melting ice cap de facto accelerates the warming. No mention ever of increasing snow pack. The spin will be random gibberish. Diversions for idiots.

Keep your personal ESG score as high as possible with the help of Google

Check carbon emissions on Google Flights - Travel Help

Check carbon emissions on Google Flights
    To help you make more sustainable travel choices, you can find carbon emission estimates on your flight search results and booking pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Babbitt View Post
    Keep your personal ESG score as high as possible with the help of Google

Check carbon emissions on Google Flights - Travel Help

Check carbon emissions on Google Flights
    To help you make more sustainable travel choices, you can find carbon emission estimates on your flight search results and booking pages.
    I believe the co2 tracking on flights has been around for a few years already.
    The tracking on banking transactions is much more concerning

Inconveniences like these were predicted well ahead of time and prepared for as far back as 2004 with propaganda films like The Day After Tomorrow, which depicts a frozen New York City as a consequence of global warming. What gets latched onto in situations like this is that the observed weather is record-breaking and therefore 'extreme.' Dogmatists can then make the ostensibly plausible claim that global climate change destabilises local and regional weather systems producing 'extremes' of both unusually cold and hot weather events. There is nothing which cannot be interpreted as evidence for the theory.

This is why over time the term 'climate change' has been pushed in favour of 'global warming,' because it is more of a catch all and prompts fewer doubts in the average person's mind when unusually cold weather occurs. If everything is supposed to be 'warming' then people's own experience of the circumstances might make them suspicious, so instead everything is supposed to be 'changing,' which, of course, it has been ever since there was an atmosphere to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    I believe the co2 tracking on flights has been around for a few years already.
    The tracking on banking transactions is much more concerning

Is it tracking the amount of electricity used to say, deposit funds, a bank transfer, etc?

Or even more in depth? I don’t believe that I’ve heard of this happening in the USA yet and you are a resident of Italy, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Babbitt View Post
    Is it tracking the amount of electricity used to say, deposit funds, a bank transfer, etc?

Or even more in depth? I don’t believe that I’ve heard of this happening in the USA yet and you are a resident of Italy, is that right?
    Yes, the bank is Intesa Sanpaolo.
    I honestly don't know and they obviously don't explain it to you. It's probably arbitrary numbers. If someone does comply, it means they'll believe whatever they're told anyway. It's not like we have controlling bodies that fact check this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by francesco.decaro View Post
    Yes, the bank is Intesa Sanpaolo.
    It's not like we have controlling bodies that fact check this shit.
    Not yet!

starting strength coach development program
    Really, think about this: A 4.6 billion-year-old planet with an 8000-mile diameter, with a molten core (heat, etc.), with an atmosphere that is only 50 miles/240,000ft thick (being rather generous), that orbits a star only 93 million miles away with 330,000 times the earth's mass and that emits enough radiation to burn your naked ass in 30 minutes, is having its weather unalterably changed over the course of the next 5/10/15 years (whatever it is now) by the presence of a weak greenhouse gas, CO2, that happens to now be at its lowest level in damn near the entire history of the planet -- a history punctuated by global glaciations while that weak greenhouse gas was far higher than it is now -- and that also happens to be the basis of plant life (and therefore atmospheric oxygen), a gas whose greenhouse effect is dwarfed by that of water vapor (on a planet with a surface area that consists of 70% water), and that geologically is currently in an interglacial period. The models that generated this political bullshit have predicted nothing correctly -- not sea level change, polar ice cover, or weather.
    This isn't really a good argument, or even a good-faith argument. Giving big numbers to try and impress upon the reader how inconsequential a little carbon can be isn't a sound argument and you definitely know it's not a sound argument. There are many things that are really small in the presence of things that are really big that can fuck those big things right on up.

I don't know anything about global warming. I understand the basic radiation-based argument; increased atmospheric absorption results in less radiation into space. The system is obviously more complicated than that and the complexities of how the system evolves in these circumstances is something I know absolutely nothing about.

But your retard sycophant posse just replies to this shit with YEAH IT'S NOT REAL---with the same certainty as people who say it is real. You guys are at least just as bad. Just admit you don't understand and you don't know. Because you don't. And even if you did know, you're powerless to change any of it, so who cares. Imagine being so narcissistic that you think that if you buy a Tesla you're well on the path to saving the planet.

So I suggest you all shut the fuck up and flush your wet wipes down the toilet instead of smearing your dumb shit all over the place.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast