starting strength gym
Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary #6: Global Warming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Gas in WF is cheaper. I paid $3.79 for 93-octane the other day, and diesel id down to $3.11. Too many democrats in AZ, I suppose.
    Do you know the price of ethanol-free >= 90-octane in WF? Here, CountryMark offers ethanol-free 90-octane in the mid-4’s.

There's something about this debate that bugs me. Let's say the alarmists were right about global warming. What does that change? Should we all get on board with speeding towards as much centralization as possible and setting up global bureaucracies to stop it? When those are the stakes, who gives a flying fuck if Manhattan is under water?

I've noticed this with regards to other issues, as well, particularly COVID. Even having the debate is somewhat of a win for them, since it legitimizes their "concerns". "Abundance of caution" and all that. But I'd risk the globe catching on fire over putting trust in a global bureaucratic solution to the problem.

There is no doubt in my mind that the big boys who put money and force behind this lie are fully aware it is a lie. What we need are better rhetorical ways to thwart their plans because logic and facts simply do not matter to the vast majority of people, and "they" know it.

And THESE are the geniuses in charge of controlling the weather: https://twitter.com/i/status/1654286009549615104

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post
    There's something about this debate that bugs me. Let's say the alarmists were right about global warming. What does that change? Should we all get on board with speeding towards as much centralization as possible and setting up global bureaucracies to stop it? When those are the stakes, who gives a flying fuck if Manhattan is under water?

I've noticed this with regards to other issues, as well, particularly COVID. Even having the debate is somewhat of a win for them, since it legitimizes their "concerns". "Abundance of caution" and all that. But I'd risk the globe catching on fire over putting trust in a global bureaucratic solution to the problem.

There is no doubt in my mind that the big boys who put money and force behind this lie are fully aware it is a lie. What we need are better rhetorical ways to thwart their plans because logic and facts simply do not matter to the vast majority of people, and "they" know it.
    100%.

When confronted by climate alarmists, I usually ask them if they think a government which cannot even keep potholes in roads filled could possibly "fix" the "climate?"

I might be taking a simplistic view on things, but the climate changes, and we humans are pretty good at adapting.

Is it better or worse for the climate to get warmer or cooler? I don't know, but whatever happens I'm pretty sure at least the strong and intelligent will figure out a way to survive.

And THESE are the geniuses in charge of controlling the weather: https://twitter.com/i/status/1654286009549615104
    Not to make you feel worse but not counting Biden’s unfunded build back better, the Energy department spends double on nuclear weapons ($20B/yr) then on energy and environment programs.. They are just ashamed to call it the Department of Nuclear Weapons, and call it the Department of Energy. So yeah everyone’s confused and in over their heads.

One thing I've learned over the past 50 years living near Lake Michigan, it doesn't matter the year; lake water levels vary up to 3 feet up or down every year or two.

When the lake levels are high, it's a crisis. When the lake levels are low it's a crisis.

I don't remember any contract with Lake Michigan that the water level would never change?!

Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    When the lake levels are high, it's a crisis. When the lake levels are low it's a crisis.
    What else could it be?

Notice the under sec. says “heart of hearts”. This is the /exact/ same language used by a woman in another deposition-type interview by. I think it was linked to on this board in recent months. Not sure if it was Chip Roy or other running the questions. They are reading from the same script.

Quote Originally Posted by anticausal View Post

It is just one more example of the way liberalism tricks the ordinary person into internalizing the imperatives of the powerful into personal moral commands. "You have to do something, you have to be informed, you must do X and not do Y to stop global warming!!"

The correct perspective that anyone who is able to think clearly for even a few minutes straight should arrive at but most cannot manage it: 'global warming' or climate change will happen or won't happen or might or might not be happening: but it is due to industrial policy set by 1st-world nations and at the global level which nobody who has their hands on those levers knows or cares what you and I think - they're barely aware that we are even alive. Even if it is all completely true, there is no point in even thinking about it much less worrying about it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm5 View Post
    100%.

When confronted by climate alarmists, I usually ask them if they think a government which cannot even keep potholes in roads filled could possibly "fix" the "climate?"

I might be taking a simplistic view on things, but the climate changes, and we humans are pretty good at adapting.

Is it better or worse for the climate to get warmer or cooler? I don't know, but whatever happens I'm pretty sure at least the strong and intelligent will figure out a way to survive.
    Remember, the goal is group thinking, so the responsibility of mistakes doesn't fall on individuals. So it's not the government fixing the climate, it's US, ALL OF US. WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast